Sign in to follow this  
Generik

Sound Channel

I would just like to know how to get the captain's voice playing from both right and left channel? At the moment I have everyone's voice playing from the right channel only and I don't know how to change it. I would like to have the copilot and the flight attendants voices only playing from the right, and maybe have the ground crew playing from the left only. Any ideas?

I would just like to know how to get the captain's voice playing from both right and left channel? At the moment I have everyone's voice playing from the right channel only and I don't know how to change it. I would like to have the copilot and the flight attendants voices only playing from the right, and maybe have the ground crew playing from the left only. Any ideas?
Hi, FS2Crew uses fairly complex 3D sound..Capt's sound should always use the left and right channel.FO should be using the right channel as he's sitting on your right(assuming the Headset not used) and both channels (if Headset selected).Ground staff entering cockpit (like the Loadsheet people) should come out of the right rear (since they'd be behind your back and slightly off to the right if you were sitting in the left seat).Start crew should always use both channels.I'd double check your audio and speaker setup.Cheers,

I just tried it again and it still had everything coming only from the right channel.I have a Quadraphonic setup and when I click the run preflight button I get sound from the left channel when bell sounds, but not when people are talking :S

I just tried it again and it still had everything coming only from the right channel.I have a Quadraphonic setup and when I click the run preflight button I get sound from the left channel when bell sounds, but not when people are talking :S
I'm not sure.I can send you an audio test utility if you like.But Capt should be (center - 'left and right channels') and the FO should be right channel (this is assuming the headset is not on).Cheers,

I downloaded the test utility and I had helicopter sound playing through all speakers ( I used the "<" and ">" to make sure that all speakers were working), but when I went back to the simulator I still had all voices coming from the right channel still, I don't understand :S

HelloI have to confirm I have a very similar problem. Sounds that are supposed to be heard from both channels, as captain for instance (but even the clicks when a button is pressed), are heard from the right channel. When I listen closely to the left speaker, the sound is there, but it is very faint, so when listening in the center of both speakers the overall impression is that all FS2Crew sounds come from the right speaker only. All other sounds in the Flight Simulator are perfectly centered.I have an Creative X-Fi soundcard, XP SP3 - I have never had any problems with the sound before, I use 5.1 channel setup and all the required channels are properly heard in other applications I use.Michal Pospichal

HelloI have to confirm I have a very similar problem. Sounds that are supposed to be heard from both channels, as captain for instance (but even the clicks when a button is pressed), are heard from the right channel. When I listen closely to the left speaker, the sound is there, but it is very faint, so when listening in the center of both speakers the overall impression is that all FS2Crew sounds come from the right speaker only. All other sounds in the Flight Simulator are perfectly centered.I have an Creative X-Fi soundcard, XP SP3 - I have never had any problems with the sound before, I use 5.1 channel setup and all the required channels are properly heard in other applications I use.Michal Pospichal
Hmmmm, I can't reproduce on my setup, but I'll check into it.Generik, since you experienced it, I'll contact you via email to help test a possible fix. I'll need you to test the changes.Cheers,

I have same sound card and have no sound from FS2Crew at all, and only from FS2Crew. Nothing I do seems to work. WIN7 64. FS9, and all other apps work correctly. Please help, is this a known problem with the product?

I have same sound card and have no sound from FS2Crew at all, and only from FS2Crew. Nothing I do seems to work. WIN7 64. FS9, and all other apps work correctly. Please help, is this a known problem with the product?
Double check your audio setting and to keep things simple, make sure 'HS' is unselected on the FS2Crew Main Panel.All FS2Crew sound should then be routed through your main speakers.I'm not sure what your sound setup looks like, but you might just have to play with your settings.The above poster who has the same sound card as you can hear sound, he was just saying that he had an issue with sound channels since FS2Crew uses 3-D sound.Best,

There's nothing to fix as it appears to be user specific.Best,
Ok. Do you have any suggestions of how I could sort it out?