Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wizardd

FS Genesis Eurpoe 76.4 terrain

I did find one anomaly, though, within your coverage area according to your own map ... off Prawle Point in Devon (near Plymouth, where else ... )http://www.paxship.com/mesh.jpgN49 50.01W3 43.09More interesting than the usual day patrolling the Devon Coast!Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT: Or might this be where your mesh rejoins default?http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Wizardd

Sorry to put you to sleep, Squawkident...I'll try to bring some 'eye-candy' next time.

Guest fct

>>Didn't realise I had to get the wife involved!>Loved the quote! Cracked me up. :-)Frederick

Guest racartron

How about trying Ireland? Think ya might see a wee bit o' difference between the two products.Regarding pricing, while LAGO's low pricing per area (about $6.00) is very nice, if you wish to install all of their Euro bits you're talking about $80.00 -- a pretty expensive token ;) and when y'all have installed all of it a big chunk hasn't even been covered. LAGO made the decision only to include those areas of significant variation. FGS is going for about $10.00 and covers ALL of Europe. I have to disagree with you on the support comment. I have all of FSGenesis' stuff and most of LAGO's(planes, sceneries and mesh). There is no comparison --IMHO -- between the two levels of support. FSGenesis is far more responsive and more cooperative than LAGO has or will ever be -- not to mention extremely quick).This is not to knock LAGO as their support is much better than most payware shops, is just isn't on the same level as FSGenesis.One final note. LAGO made 16 Terramesh pieces and AFAIK they have no intentions of doing anymore. FSGenesis OTOH is busily covering the earth as quickly as viable source data is released.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

What is perhaps most astonishing about FSGenesis is that - to my knowledge - FSGenesis is Justin Tyme. Period. Mesh, support, business, website, everything. So what Justin achieves is really quite remarkable.He's probably got a workstation set up in the smallest room, too.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Wizardd

>"the original image is not an extended image...with or>without an alpha channel either">>The original image is exactly 8-bit extended... it has>9 mips and an alpha channel:>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47303.jpg>>As far as a new version of gdi.exe, I haven't found a>Microsoft source for an update to the version you show.>>Dick>Thanks Dick, I had to find & use BMP2000 to generate an alpha for it due to it's 8-bit nature. I'll be uploading a revised version to avsim tomorrow, along with an updated version of the GDI.exe for those who need it. It probably won't get posted til Saturday...if anyone would like a copy prior to that, email me & I'll send it to you. Attached are pics of the default & the new RR bmp 'in action'.wizardd@adelphia.net