Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

What music artist/band do you associate with each airline?

Hey guys,Just had this thought in my head and said why not.As the title says, which are they for you?Here's what I think:Lufthansa -> I tend to associate ABBA alot with this airline, due to the awesome simplicity in ABBA songs. A proof that simplicity is awesome. I also love to play "Dancing Queen" on takeoff with the 747-400. Along with that, classic music goes very well with LH. Canon Major in D from Pachebel and Ode to Joy, symbolizing Europe.British Airways -> Now I am probably going to get flamed for that, but the only singer that makes think of that airline is Sophie Ellis Bextor, just because of the wonderful English accent she has. I do not know alot of british singers so yeah.. :( Air Canada -> Celine Dion, just because I once heard her sing in one of their commercials, It stood that way, in my mind. For their long haul fleet I associate songs from Nelly Furtado, somehow. Aeroflot -> Red Army Choir, especially the cossack's song on take off, seeing those black fumes from the TU-154.Austrian -> It has to be Blue Danube by Franz Joseph Strauss, That airline is just, Classic.What about you guys? :D

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Well if I'm flying American Airlines, they have such a low on-time record I always think of Twisted Sister:We're Not Gonna Make It! NO, WE'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT . . .!

Well if I'm flying American Airlines, they have such a low on-time record I always think of Twisted Sister:We're Not Gonna Make It! NO, WE'RE NOT GONNA MAKE IT . . .!
Saw the video for that song, made me laugh LOL.gifGood song!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Saw the video for that song, made me laugh LOL.gif
Dee Snider is one of the great, unsung comedy geniuses of the past century. Big%20Grin.gif And most people don't even know he's joking!

Guest veeray

The only one that makes any sense is North West Airlines = Ice Cube ! And Virgin a stretch would be Daft Punk but that's only because they're on Virgin.

You guys have WAY too much time on your hands..LOL!!

British Airways -> Now I am probably going to get flamed for that, but the only singer that makes think of that airline is Sophie Ellis Bextor, just because of the wonderful English accent she has. I do not know alot of british singers so yeah.. :(
BA has to be the Rolling Stones for me. Been around for ages but now looking more than a bit elderly and past their best, trading on their reputation rather than the quality of their output and charging over-inflated prices for the privilege. IMHO.

Astraeus -> Iron Maiden :(
LOL.gif Couldn't think of a better one!

The OLD Piedmont airlines-- Doobie Brothers "old black water"US Airways.... hmmmm.... Meh I give up. I'll edit later.Interesting post!EDIT. US Airways: Jet Airliner by Steve Miller Band

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

WinAir and Jimmy Buffett go hand in hand I would think.....NO PLANE ON SUNDAY!

Flying TAP (Portugal), it's got to be anything by Amália Rodrigues, the late great fadista (one of their airbuses has her name) :biggrin:Interesting thread.

Delta - I Left My Bags in San FranciscoJet Blue - Sittin' on the Tarmac of the Bay orJet Blue - Slip Slidin' AwaySpirit - MoneyJAL - House of the Rising Sun