Sign in to follow this  
SteveW

Demo

Hi,While I am sure these aircraft will turn out to be the best add-ons for FSX I just wondered if I could get a demo of this add-on before purchase?My problem is that I have a growing number of add-ons that exhibit strange behaviour on my new machine Win7(64).This machine is fully up to date and shows no problems in any application other than FSX with *certain* add-ons running.I have other add-on aircraft that work perfectly, and all the original FSX aircraft work perfectly too, plus several other add-ons including the new Ideal Flight which pushes the limits of FSX, all work perfectly.So I wonder what would happen if I purchase the J41 and 747; will they work? I see posts about sound loop probems and so on, I'm a little worried about taking the next step (buying).Many thanks and best regards;Steve Waite

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi,While I am sure these aircraft will turn out to be the best add-ons for FSX I just wondered if I could get a demo of this add-on before purchase?My problem is that I have a growing number of add-ons that exhibit strange behaviour on my new machine Win7(64).This machine is fully up to date and shows no problems in any application other than FSX with *certain* add-ons running.I have other add-on aircraft that work perfectly, and all the original FSX aircraft work perfectly too, plus several other add-ons including the new Ideal Flight which pushes the limits of FSX, all work perfectly.So I wonder what would happen if I purchase the J41 and 747; will they work? I see posts about sound loop probems and so on, I'm a little worried about taking the next step (buying).Many thanks and best regards;Steve Waite
SteveI bought almost every plane from PMDG, and I never had any trouble. (except some minor bugs until the first servicepack.)At the moment I have a Windows 7 (64 bit machine) and have no problems at all. I change very often my computerconfiguration, but PMDG addons always work.But you're right.never garanteed.Black%20Eye.gif Eric

Steve,There's no demo version, sorry.Problems are extremely unlikely - it's natural that you're going to see problems on the forum because that's what this place is for - there's a lot of our products (especially the 747) in circulation and a very small percentage ever have issues. We'll do our absolute best to help if there's anything that comes up for you problem wise.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Eric,Thanks for coming back so soon. Well that is at least a good sign.Shall I just go ahead then, and get the JS4100 and if I have any problems conclude there MUST be something strange about my PC that PICKs on certain add-ons only?LOL :-))Regards; SteveHi Ryan,OK I will get out the little sheet of plastic. Thanks.Steve :-)

Hello again,The PMDG J41 seems to be a * Work of Art * amongst FSX add-on aircraft. Sorry what? Oh yes! Well, so far the J41 has been very well behaved; thank you.Best regards;Steve

Hello again,The PMDG J41 seems to be a * Work of Art * amongst FSX add-on aircraft. Sorry what? Oh yes! Well, so far the J41 has been very well behaved; thank you.Best regards;Steve
Good to hear. Flying the J41 is really great fun.Eric

Yes it is a good mix of complications and fun.My only reservation, I deleted a couple of wavs - droans a bit in the cockpit view, could do with a bit of work on the sound.Non standard loading prevents addons loading it. This could do with being "switchable" back to FSX standard loading.Otherwise very good.Regards;Steve

Yes it is a good mix of complications and fun.My only reservation, I deleted a couple of wavs - droans a bit in the cockpit view, could do with a bit of work on the sound.Non standard loading prevents addons loading it. This could do with being "switchable" back to FSX standard loading.Otherwise very good.Regards;Steve
The sounds were recorded on the real thing and pilots with thousands of hours on type approved the sound work... not sure what you think needs "a bit of work"...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Something not generally noticed about the default original MS aircraft sounds is they don't repeat, droan on, grate, or annoy, and these attributes should be applauded.

The sounds were recorded on the real thing and pilots with thousands of hours on type approved the sound work... not sure what you think needs "a bit of work"...
>>droans a bit in the cockpit view