Sign in to follow this  
tekredsox

fs build and fsx

hi i have the microsoft fsx and just purchased the fs build route planner my question is does anybody know where to export generated flight plans from fs buils to fsx? i aslo have x plane 9 but that has a dedicated fms plans folder fsx does not help please.

I use VRoute to do just this. If this route planner works in the same way then this is what I suggest you try.You can identify the FSX default Flight Plan folder (folder containing *.pln files) and export to that or alternatively create one of your own and using the usual 'Browse' facility identify the folder.When preparing your flight I suggest you let FSX make its own Flight Plan decisions initially and then select your preferred Flight Plan from the chosen folder using the LOAD facility in the flight planning section. Your preferred Flight Plan will overwrite it the FSX default. Your selected Flight Plan will then be visible to the GPS and/or the FMC depending on which aircraft you are using.Hope this helpsSorry - cannot help with X Plane 9.Roger

hi i have the microsoft fsx and just purchased the fs build route planner my question is does anybody know where to export generated flight plans from fs buils to fsx? i aslo have x plane 9 but that has a dedicated fms plans folder fsx does not help please.
Go to the Options page and set FS_Home by browsing to the correct folder, on my system it's E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Then look for the Settings tab on the bottom of the Options Page, click that and then click SAVE CONFIG OPTIONS.One other thing you might have to do is look for the fsbuild2.cfg file in the main Fsbuild folder and edit it to point it to your fsx flight plan folder, e.g.[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]FS_HOME=E:\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR XFS2004_PLN=C:\Users\John\My Documents\Flight Simulator X FilesThis is for Windows 7.It took me some time to work this out.John

this is to ENYAP ifound the fs build cfg file but unsure how to edit it maybe some advice from you wouls help on how you did it thanksthis one is for roger i looked in my main fsx folder but dont see one labeled pln files am i missing something?

this is to ENYAP ifound the fs build cfg file but unsure how to edit it maybe some advice from you wouls help on how you did it thanksthis one is for roger i looked in my main fsx folder but dont see one labeled pln files am i missing something?
Just open and edit it with Wordpad. Where you see the lineFS2004_PLN=C:\Users\John\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files in mine replace C:\Users\John\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files with wherever your Flight Simulator X Files folder is,normally something like C:\Users\John\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files in windows 7John