Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arlei

What about the frame rate and iFDG MD11 ?

Guest Arlei

Hello guys,Even my computer is not one of the "tops" (see specs below), I consider it a pretty good machine to run FS2K4. I always run FS2K4 @ 25-30 FPS with a few exceptions with most sliders maxed.I installed the awesome iFDG MD-11 (Varig new color livery) and this plane makes my computer cry!!! When flying this bird I have the sceneries and other AI planes with blur textures. Also, after changing the camera, the textures of some segments of the fuselage is not shown (mainly the tail and the cockipit segment).My FPS drop from 25-30 to 12. After choosing other aircraft (i.e. 737 default), everything back to normal conditions.I must say that this is a fabulous work (the flight model seems great), but the problems described here are making me really sad :(I would like to know if you have the same problem or if you can "shed some light" on this...Any help appreciated.ArleiP4S8X-X | P4 2.4 B | 512 MB DDR PC-2700 333 MHZ | Radeon 9500 PRO BBA 128 MB Hynix -3.3 | Maxtor 40 GB 7200 RPM DiamondMax 8 | CDRW LG 8523 B | Windows XP Corporate Edition com Service Pack 1 | Omega Drivers 2.4.96 B

Guest Boone

Well I'm very sorry to hear this. Unfortunately I can't offer any explanation for you but I can say I find this plane extremely Frame Rate friendly on my PC and my specs are lower than yours. For example it is marginally easier on the frames than Posky's A330 and 757. Perhaps you are using a panel that is draining some memory?Best regards,Boone,"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea." E. Cantona

Guest Arlei

Hi Boone,Thanks for replying.I don

Guest Flying_fool

Hi!Well, the diffenrence in fps could well have to do with the far more complex visual model compared to the default 737. I think this is not a very usefull (nor fair) comparison. Please download (for example) posky's 757 and then compare your MD-11 to this 757. That is a usefull comparison. My guess is that the 757 will also have this sort of impact on your fps. Simply because the model is far more complex.Regards,Martijn Budding (EHRD)http://www.matthew.cistron.nl/images/flying_fool_banner.gif

Guest Arlei

Hi Martijn,Ok, I can understand that, but I think a decrease level in FPS like that (from 25-30 to 12) is more than it should be. Take the boone's example.I would like to know if other users are facing the same problem. If so, I will accept that... If not, I would like to know if I can do something to fix it...Thanks.

I have a P4 2.0 machine. No problems with the POSKY 757, but the MD-1l fps hit in spot view is unacceptable for me...the only plane I can't really enjoy.John

Guest Arlei

I Wonder if somebody converted the MD-11 textures to DXT format and report the results...

HiThis computer thing is so wierd isn't it?I've got a P4 1.4G, 256RAM and Geforce 2 64 Meg running on Win ME and both the POSKY 757 and IFDG MD-11 run fine for me. In FS2K2!!The Project Mach2 Concorde on the other hand cripples my system.Bizzare isn't it?Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Arlei

Yes... Bizzare....But someday we will take the control of the situation and win the forces that come from the dark yada yada yada... :)Thanks for your reply, Gavin.

Guest farmer

converted 32 bit to DXT3 loads faster---better fps

Guest Arlei

Yeah... I'am converting right now to do some tests...Thanks

Guest Terblanche

May I ask how you do it ...?Is there a switch to use with Imagetool or how do you get those 32 bit to DXT3?Thanx for the replyTerblanche

Guest Eurosky

settings is also important I have AMD 1700 with GF4mx440, I get 15-20 fps with our 757. with for me a very nice result in display quality. Try tweaking settings like AA, res, etc etc

Im going to convert the tex on my MD-11 to DXT3 and see what happens.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Terblanche

Is this the magic tweak ...imagetool.exe -batch -DXT3 -nomip -bmp *.bmpAnd what about the alpha channels ...?T