Sign in to follow this  
Alpinekid

Matrox TripleHead2Go Problem

Hi Everyone Hmmm interesting one this .... I have just upgraded the firmware on my TH2Go and also downloaded the latest drivers to give me better widescreen resolutions for my screens What I am finding now is .. even though I have got some awesome resolutions to use when I am in FSX the little circle (egg timer)is constantly turning next to the mouse arrow I have installed this onto three other systems and the same thing is happening I got in touch with Matrox and their initial reply was that it is probably an issue in FSX .. I did explain that this didn't happen using the previous drivers and firmware Anyone else experiencing this problem and if so .. have you managed to get an answer/fix? Thanking you in advance :-)

I find the phenomenon to occur after having installed Multi Crew Experience trial version, which has also disabled some vital 2D functions, so far main panel and over head panel (I drag 2d stuff onto a touch screen). Now seeking ways to safely remove MCE and await eagerly to see if the "egg-timer" disappears and 2D stuff reappears. Some add-ons may seem to struggle with TH2G.I´m running firmware 2.3.40, video table version 6.56 and PowerDesk version 1.09.0031.0521 on a 64 bit W7. I haven´t checked in a while, is there a more recent firmware update? Which is your firmware version?You should be able to roll back to previous version, the update tooly keeps the old versions as far as I recall.Bjorn

Matrox is correct, it's an FSX issue that happens when using certain resolutions (it commonly happens to triplehead2go/eyefinity/surround mode users). The firmware upgrade likely pushed you over the limit. The issue happens when opening a 2d panel that can't fit the screen because of how FSX try to stretch it according to the resolution. FSX will end up in an inifinte loop, causing the flashing mouse cursor and degraded performance. You can easily fix this by resizing your panels in panel.cfg for each a/c you use.

So far resizing the OH panel worked fine, thanks. But, the main panel is something else. Where other panels have two values, I suppose x and y axis, the main panel only has one value. In this case 1600. An attempt to reduce the value has not led to it´s visibility. It has made the Sim Icons panel bigger, that´s it. If I enter two values, FSX won´t start up, saying out of memory. Is there a work around for this sort of thing?Bjorn

I have the same problem with our Matrox after installing that firmware - a constant flashing arrow between arrow and circle.also the framerate is really bad.

I have the same problem with our Matrox after installing that firmware - a constant flashing arrow between arrow and circle.also the framerate is really bad.
Same problem for me.

Did you guys actually try the suggested solution...?
Yes, some problems with main panel still persists.Bjorn

I use Eyefinity and it works great! You guys should try it. Big%20Grin.gif
Sorry to contradict you, but Eyefinity is affected the same way as TH2G when streching a 2D panel across the 3 monitors. I use both Eyefinity and TH2G digital with 3 monitors each (streched for FSX), and I have the same problem on both when displaying a 2D panel across the 3 monitors. It is obviously an FSX problem, not Matrox nor AMD (ATI).Conversly, if I limit the FSX window to only one monitor, 2D panels work just fine on both Eyefinity and TH2G.Best regards,Normand

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

Sorry to contradict you, but Eyefinity is affected the same way as TH2G when streching a 2D panel across the 3 monitors. I use both Eyefinity and TH2G digital with 3 monitors each (streched for FSX), and I have the same problem on both when displaying a 2D panel across the 3 monitors. It is obviously an FSX problem, not Matrox nor AMD (ATI).Conversly, if I limit the FSX window to only one monitor, 2D panels work just fine on both Eyefinity and TH2G.Best regards,Normand
I'm sorry that I forgot to mention about the 2D panel. When displaying the 2D panel across the 3 monitors, it does have the problem, but if you decide to go with the Virtual Cockpit, it's a beauty! If the aircraft have some 2D pop ups such as FMS, you have to resize it, but that's really easy to do.Cheers!

A question for Eyefinity experts-Can that system display THREE different 2D views: View Forward Left, View Forward and View Forward Right?(Not a stretched View Fwd.)And does it have a means of adjusting the outer views to take into account the exact widths of the bezels on whatever monitors are in use?If yes, it might be a good substitute for dual video cards.AR

Was a bit quick on the draw regarding resizing the OH, it resized alright, but only the frame, the picture didn´t resize. So, got some buttons cut off from the panel. Found a work-around, though. Start cockpit in windowed mode, open 2D windows and drag them to touch screen. Then go wide. :)Bjorn

As has been stated, the problem is that the FSX developers did not expect to have to display panels across such large areas. To reduce the area of the main panel change the windowsize_ratio in the panel.cfg for your aircraft. windowsize_ratio = .33 (i,e, 33%) will give you a main panel on your middle monitor. It will also be reduced in height to 33% of full scale - which you may not like. Play with higher numbers to arrive at your preferred compromise.Max.