Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

Biting the TrackitIR Bullet

I'm considering TrackitIR and was wondering if 1) it will work with a 48" Panel that I sit about 4.5 feet back from and 2) how does it work with EZCA - is it steady enough to work the VC with the motion effects?Also what happens when you turn your head in outside view - do you pan around the plane?Any feedback will be appreciated.Thanksjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Guest jahman
...what happens when you turn your head in outside view - do you pan around the plane?...
It's like sticking your head out the window. Pretty neat, actually!Cheers,- jahman.

I'm considering TrackitIR and was wondering if 1) it will work with a 48" Panel that I sit about 4.5 feet back from and 2) how does it work with EZCA - is it steady enough to work the VC with the motion effects?Also what happens when you turn your head in outside view - do you pan around the plane?Any feedback will be appreciated.Thanksjja
At that distance mine works, but it looses a lot of precission, meaning that the angle at which it gets out of range is dramatically reduced to the point that it's barely usable.In outside vies some moves pan the view and some others don't. In spot view for example, only yaw works. Not sure if there's something that can be done about it or not.No idea about EZCA, sorry

Hi Jim,I sit 3 feet away from a 40 incher with TrackIR and I could not (would not) fly without it. Once you are used to it, you would never go back.Kind regards,

Guest jahman
At that distance mine works, but it looses a lot of precission, meaning that the angle at which it gets out of range is dramatically reduced to the point that it's barely usable.
Have you tried adjusting your panning sensitivities in your TrackIR profile?Cheers,- jahman.

Hi Jim,I sit 3 feet away from a 40 incher with TrackIR and I could not (would not) fly without it. Once you are used to it, you would never go back.Kind regards,
Me neither. It's awesome
Have you tried adjusting your panning sensitivities in your TrackIR profile?Cheers,- jahman.
Yes, I have my FSX profile tailored to my taste, maybe at al larger distance I would just need to increase sensitivity. Truth is I just moved my chair 1 - 2 feet backwards and did a quick test with the results I posted.In the naturalpoint website they say " The ideal distance from the Vector clip to TrackIR is between 2 and 4 feet"

Me neither. It's awesomeYes, I have my FSX profile tailored to my taste, maybe at al larger distance I would just need to increase sensitivity. Truth is I just moved my chair 1 - 2 feet backwards and did a quick test with the results I posted.In the naturalpoint website they say " The ideal distance from the Vector clip to TrackIR is between 2 and 4 feet"
Sounds like it would be ok then if I can put the TrackIR unit at the base of the LCD because the LCD is on a desk and I sit below the desk about 2 feet. Then the clip to TrackIR unit would be about 4 feet.I'm pretty sure that I would find it indispensable like Stepen said once I got it figured out.Thanks for your feedback.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Guest jahman
...maybe at al larger distance I would just need to increase sensitivity.
Actually at a larger distance you need to decrease sensitivity. Also do you have TrackIR 4 or 5 (5 has a higher resolution so better for larger distance.)Cheers,- jahman.

Actually at a larger distance you need to decrease sensitivity. Also do you have TrackIR 4 or 5 (5 has a higher resolution so better for larger distance.)Cheers,- jahman.
Planning on version 5. Good to know.Thanksjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

EZCA works very well with TrackIR. It's pretty much plug 'n play, yet still very configurable. The "cockpit walls" feature is in my optinion by itself a reason to never use TrackIR without EZCA. You will still have the nice camera effects you're used to, with the ability to lock the view when looking at certain instruments for example. Go for it!

EZCA works very well with TrackIR. It's pretty much plug 'n play, yet still very configurable. The "cockpit walls" feature is in my optinion by itself a reason to never use TrackIR without EZCA. You will still have the nice camera effects you're used to, with the ability to lock the view when looking at certain instruments for example. Go for it!
Excellent! That's what I wanted to hear.Thanksjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz