Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

z4me

Defeating Pirates should not be a chore for honest buyers

I guess I just don't understand why the heck you have to re-install that often. If you do, then it must truely be a pain. On the other hand, I suspect most of us don't have to do that and the burden is trivial. The only time I ever have to re-install anything is when I bring up a new machine and that's every few years at most. Most of my add-ons come from developers that use the F1 wrapper or the FSDT type of engine and those are a piece of cake. If a software house gives me pain, I don't buy from them again. Just that simple and no worries - there hasn't been a piece of FS software made yet that is worth agonizing about. I just don't think that the angst I see on the forums with regard to DRM is neccessary or justified...DJ
Hi I have to reinstall that often because I make mistakes it's that simple. Many of my purchases also come from the same places as yours but sadly not all of them. See I told you I make mistakes! Now do you understand?.............JohnJust%20Kidding.gif

Hi I have to reinstall that often because I make mistakes it's that simple. Many of my purchases also come from the same places as yours but sadly not all of them. See I told you I make mistakes! Now do you understand?.............JohnJust%20Kidding.gif
Indeed I do...DJ

I guess I just don't understand why the heck you have to re-install that often.
I don't understand that myself! I installed FSX and FS9 once; FSX six years ago, FS9 nearly twelve years ago. I did update FSX with SP1, SP2 and Acceleration as they became available.Every "mistake" I've ever made (and trust me, developer or not I do make a LOT of "mistakes!") was correctable without requiring a reinstallation.A full reinstallation of either sim version should be absolutely the LAST resort, not the first... :(