Sign in to follow this  
Alberto30MB

Problem with engine start / Apu Bleed

Bryan, I haven´t email you yet.I´ve thinked that probably, if FS2Crew just "touch buttons" as I can do, can you tell me what buttons are touched by FS2Crew during the preflight and the before engine procedure. Maybe, I´ve one of this buttons changed...I´m looking the keyboard file that is in FS2Crew/PMDG 747 Edition/Keyboard File/FS9 and I noticed that there is no "switches" for the overhead panel, so I suposed that for this switches FS2Crew use the FS9 assignements. I´ve changed many of that FS9 assignements before install FS2Crew, for this maybe this is not working properly... May be??Thanks in advanced ;)

Bryan, I haven´t email you yet.I´ve thinked that probably, if FS2Crew just "touch buttons" as I can do, can you tell me what buttons are touched by FS2Crew during the preflight and the before engine procedure. Maybe, I´ve one of this buttons changed...I´m looking the keyboard file that is in FS2Crew/PMDG 747 Edition/Keyboard File/FS9 and I noticed that there is no "switches" for the overhead panel, so I suposed that for this switches FS2Crew use the FS9 assignements. I´ve changed many of that FS9 assignements before install FS2Crew, for this maybe this is not working properly... May be??Thanks in advanced ;)
Hi Alberto,You can try to disable auto engine start.I had same problem before.And after disable that, something different.

Hi Alberto,You can try to disable auto engine start.I had same problem before.And after disable that, something different.
Hi!!What do you mean by disable auto engine start? Do you refer to the auto-start button in the overhead panel??Thanks!!! ;)

Hi!!What do you mean by disable auto engine start? Do you refer to the auto-start button in the overhead panel??Thanks!!! ;)
Yes, please try to disable it.

Yes, please try to disable it.
Hi!!I´ve tried it but it is still not working.If I do not activate the FS2Crew the airplane works ok, but at the moment I activate FS2Crew (click over the compass) the pneumatic system becomes crazy...My brother has tried also and he has the same problem...so there is no problem of my PC because he has the same problem also...Thanks anyway!! ;)

Bryan, what happen exactly when click on the compass to activate FS2Crew? Because after all of test I´ve reached to the final result that there is the problem...The APU Bleed is working ok and inmediatly after initiate FS2Crew it doesn´t work again...About remote desktop, it´s going to be difficult becauso I´m moving to another house and I´ve no internet by the moment. I write here by phone.What happen really when FS2Crew is activated?? the problem is there...Thanks!

Bryan, what happen exactly when click on the compass to activate FS2Crew? Because after all of test I´ve reached to the final result that there is the problem...The APU Bleed is working ok and inmediatly after initiate FS2Crew it doesn´t work again...About remote desktop, it´s going to be difficult becauso I´m moving to another house and I´ve no internet by the moment. I write here by phone.What happen really when FS2Crew is activated?? the problem is there...Thanks!
Hi,Nothing that would interfere with internal systems logic.Remember, FS2Crew cannot touch the "insides" of the PMDG 747.Are you using any other programs that attempt to interface with the PMDG 747?Failing that, contact me when you can do a Remote Desktop.Unless I can see it first hand, I can comment no further.Best,

Are you using any other programs that attempt to interface with the PMDG 747?
There isn´t any other program interfacing with PMDG 747.I´m going to make a video showing the problem with the APU Bleed Valve when activating FS2Crew.Thanks Bryan!! ;)

Alberto,Again: switch your packs to normal before you run the BEFORE START procedure. Then (but as fas as I could see from your picture, you did), after having switched the APU bleed air to ON, you wil have the air flow, as shown as green connections in your EICAS. If you don't set your packs to normal (what I can see in your picture), you won't get air flow.Try it out. I could send a couple of pictures to show it to you, if this does not solve your problem.Henk

Alberto,Again: switch your packs to normal before you run the BEFORE START procedure. Then (but as fas as I could see from your picture, you did), after having switched the APU bleed air to ON, you wil have the air flow, as shown as green connections in your EICAS. If you don't set your packs to normal (what I can see in your picture), you won't get air flow.Try it out. I could send a couple of pictures to show it to you, if this does not solve your problem.Henk
thanks but the problem is before all of that...No FS2Crew activated -> pneumatic system works OKFS2Crew activated -> pneumatic system doesn´t work

thanks but the problem is before all of that...No FS2Crew activated -> pneumatic system works OKFS2Crew activated -> pneumatic system doesn´t work
I really wonder. Did you try out my suggestion???? If not, I 'm asking you: Do you really want help?Tonight I will send you some pictures.Henk

Hereby the pictures, with FS2Crew activated, as you can see. The first picture is identical to the picture you posted. The second picture shows the overhead and eicas with the packs at normal. Hope this helps to convince you. Only difference is that I run FSX. Bryan, if you read this post, could you please tell why FS9 should behave different as FSX, if you run FS2Crew?Henk

Hereby the pictures, with FS2Crew activated, as you can see. The first picture is identical to the picture you posted. The second picture shows the overhead and eicas with the packs at normal. Hope this helps to convince you. Only difference is that I run FSX. Bryan, if you read this post, could you please tell why FS9 should behave different as FSX, if you run FS2Crew?Henk
Henk,Packs are not required for engine start. The APU valve is not opening from the screen shot. The only way thus far that I can achieve Alberto's screen shot of the APU switch showing 'ON' and 'VALVE' is by simulating a valve failure, otherwise 'VALVE' shows only momentarily as it operates. I'm using FSX also.