Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Wanted to get opinions on this setup

Hey guys, someone in my area is selling this computer for $950 on craigslist. I wanted to get your opinion on how FSX might run on it. I'm going to offer $850 and he'll say, I'll meet you in the middle at $900, and I believe that's a fair price, but the real question is, is it worth it for FSX. Thanks!!!!6gb DDR-3 1333mhz Ram 500 gb Sata HD Asus p6x58d Premium Motherboard-Socket 1366, All the new age features, including sata 6.0, usb 3, tripple channel capability, extreme overclocking capability- never tried to achieve anything more than what it already has MSI Radeon R4870- has played MW2, Left 4 dead 2, all on highest graphics settings Windows 7 3- 120mm fans 550watt power supply D-Link- extreme N network card DvD-CD burner-player Intel Core i7-930 processor- quad core

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I'd wonder what brand the power supply is and what type of cooler he had on the CPU...It looks decent... though that 4xxx series radeon card won't bode well for FSX... You'd need a 5xxx series or nvidia card.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'd wonder what brand the power supply is and what type of cooler he had on the CPU...It looks decent... though that 4xxx series radeon card won't bode well for FSX... You'd need a 5xxx series or nvidia card.
Thanks Ryan, there's also an AMD gaming machine as well, but I've heard the Intel i-core chips are superior, is there any truth to that?

Jeff

That graphics card is out-dated. I'm selling an old machine of mine with a better card for way less money. Granted it doesn't have the same level of CPU, but it's not a $500 difference either. Do not buy that computer. Realistically that's a $600 computer at most.

K, thanks for your help guys.

Jeff