Sign in to follow this  
prefontaine

747x ND Mode won't change

Hi all,I recently purchased a computer from a guy on kijiji, It has FSX installed on it with the PMDG 747-400x. I have been trying to use the airplane but have ran into a problem. I cannot change the ND Mode. It will move when the aircraft is cold and dark but as soon as I turn on the Battery and allign the IRS the ND Mode switch moves to APP and stays there. It will not change at all, Ive tried setting keyboard assignments but still nothing. I would submit a ticket with PMDG but like I said I bought this computer (for the wife) and it just happened to have the 747 installed on it.. Bonus for sure, but I dont have the purchase info or anything like that. The plane will still fly just fine and everything else seems to work, it will even follow the route programed into the FMC, I just can't change the ND Mode.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Corey Prefontaine

Dear Corey,first of all you should know that mostly all software vedors do not allow to sell the license of the software without their agreement. If it is the case of PMDG you do not have it legaly. Nevertheless that is your business ;-)Concerning your question. Tell me... If you go with your mouse over to knob where you can change PLN, APP, MAP does your mouse pointer change like it should be able to turn it? All the other knobs next to this are working? Is it on FO panel the same?Petr

Yes all other nobs are working just fine, I can change the range, Altimeter setting.. etc. The ND Mode switch works fine until I align the IRS, then it switches over to APP and stays there, if I click multiple times it will swith over to VOR but only for a second and then goes right back to APP. The mouse changes as it should, FO side is the same way. I haven't been able to find anything on the forums regarding the same problem so who knows.Thanks for the reply, hopefully we can figure it out.As far as having it legaly, I don't see why I wouldn't, PMDG guys??. I bought the computer legaly and I had no idea FSX was even installed on it, setting it up for the old lady and there it was with the 747-400x installed, I figured its a bonus as I wanted to buy it anyway. Hopefully its legit for me to have and run.Corey Prefontaine

Dear Corey,I have no idea what can be wrong. I would suggest to use this: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspxBut as your wrote most probably you will not have the license key to install it or install files. To your answer about the license, please read this first article from EULA:1. GRANT OF NON-EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED LICENSEThe Software and related documentation is licensed, not sold. Any rights not clearly and expressly granted to you under this EULA are reserved to PMDG. Provided you have paid all applicable fees, registered the Software with PMDG, and otherwise complied with this EULA, PMDG grants you the following personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited rights:Also you agree this (if you use the software):l. You agree that if you are found to be distributing unauthorized copies of this software, or if you are found to be using a copy of this software that was not purchased from PMDG and licensed to YOU that you will agree to cover all applicable legal expense in curred by PMDG in your prosecution. You further agree that these costs should not be less than $12,000 USD per event.So NON-TRANSFERABLE menas that if the one who sold you the computer he was not entitled to transfer the license (because software was not purchased so cannot be sold) to use it. That is clear. So as I said. It is your business but from legal point of view you use it illegaly.If you want to fly it. I suggest to spent those few $ and contact support directly. This product is really cheap for what it brings you. But you know it.Best regardsPetr