Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulri

Is there a software program that...

Dear ALl:Is there a software program for FS 2004 that is like Flight Deck Companion? It says in the ad that that program will only work with FS2002. In short, I would love to have checklists read aloud by the computor, announcements from the crew made (safety briefs for the passengers, etc.), basically - all the "ear candy" that would go with a 737 in real life. Is there such an add-on or a program for purchase for FS9?Thanks.Chris Catalano

Guest Peterg

Chris, Of course FDC can be used on FS2004 - just go to the FDC web site and download the upgrade from 2002 to 2004.If you have any problems post a message on the FDC forum - scroll down from this forum and you will find it.Peterg

Guest paulri

Hi Chris,I think you have gotten hold of some bad information. If you would check the Oncourse web site, AND the forum here at Avsim, you would see that FDC is compatible with FS98 (somewhat limited), FS2000, FS2002 AND FS2004. However, for FS2004, you do need the version 1.4 update, which is a freeware download from the Oncourse web site. You will need to already have purchased and installed the version 1.0 which comes on CD-ROM.You will also need ver 3.0 or higher of FSUIPC for use with FS9 (FS2004). Free download for the basic package at schiratti.com and it is accredited for use with FDC without charge to users. However, if you want the full package of capabilities that was available in the earlier version (freeware) of FSUIPC, you will need to register and pay for it. Once you have it installed, it will do everything you have said you want, and a whole lot more. I would also be interested to know what ad said it was only compatible with FS2002. I am not aware of that, and I am sure that Dave March also does not know that, and he wrote the program. Works just fine for me right now in both FS2002 and FS2004, on my computer.Again, do check the forum here at Avsim--a LOT of information in the posts pinned at the top of the forum.Oh, yeah, almost forgot, Dave will be releasing ver 1.5 (freeware) update real soon (as soon as we quit breaking stuff during testing that he puts into it :-lol ) with lots of new enhancements. Regards,PaulFDC Team Member

FSUIPC - I keep seeing this! What IS it? What does it stand for? Is it a program? And when I get the freeware version, will I be able to use FDC to its fullest capabilities?Thanks for all the help!Sincerely,Chris

This is what I found at the "AVSIM website/AVSIM store/Products/Software" page: (Perhaps it is outdated)This exciting NEW add-on from Dave March, author of the award winning freeware program S-Combo, takes flight simulation to a totally new flight-level of realism, by adding incredible audio enhancements to your virtual world, the likes of which you have yet to experience!FlightDeck Companion (FDC) works with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002, 2000 and 98 (please note: some features marked with an asterisk '*' do not work with Flight Simulator 98).Here are just a few of the great features on offer from FDC:-Full crew compliment support (i.e. If flying a 747-200 you will experience the audio enhancements of all three crew members)Choose your crew from 15 different voice sets, specially recorded for FDC. Each voice set includes over 1,000 separate sound files, providing a whole range of various calls, commands and replies from the crew.You'll hear the Copilot calling Vref numbers and 'Rotate' during the take off roll.You'll hear the Captain calling for 'gear up' and flap retraction during takeoff and 'gear down' and flaps during the approach phase.GPWS calls will also be active when using a two man crew to provide 'bank angle' and 'low terrain' warnings, in addition to altitude call-outs during the approach.A Virtual Copilot (optional) setting will handle all gear and flap calls during takeoff and landing. Just like in the real world, you, as the captain, can concentrate on flying the aircraft and when calling for gear and/or flaps the Virtual Copilot (VCP) will actually set them for you. No more looking for the right keys to press and trying to keep the aircraft on track at the same time.Cabin announcements are provided for that added touch of realism and you can choose the cabin crew too. Currently FDC offers a variation of US, UK and Spanish voice sets.FDC offers a Performance File Editor for those that might like to finely tune their system. The editor also allows you to add any aircraft type you wish, making FDC highly configurable and limited only by your imagination and resolve.Full checklists can be played (either automatically or manually) and these include not only the item being called for checking but also the correct, or 'expected' response. (* interactive calls are not available when using FS 98)FDC provides a Checklist Editor, allowing you to create your own checklists from literally hundreds of various audio calls and replies.FDC provides a highly configurable Joystick/Yoke controller key assignments expander utility.The FDC Flight Log captures your total flying time for each flight. The FDC Blackbox Log is yet another unique feature of this outstanding program and provides a wealth of flight information for those that want to know exactly how fast their last landing was

Guest paulri

That stuff on Avsim was written about 18 months or more ago--way out of date. And it was written when there was no FS2004. There have been 4 updates so far, most with enhancements and features not included in the write up on Avsim. Ver 1.4 makes it compatible with FS2004, and version 1.5 is about to be released shortly with even additional enhancements and new features. All updates are comprehensive, include all previous updates, and are freeware. So go check out what is happening now, in the places I told you about. Especially the FDC forum here at Avsim. That is the best place to ask questions about it. As far as FSUIPC is concerned, it has been around for years as freeware. Peter Dowson went payware for FS2004, but only for full functionality, still freeware for accredited software applications, such as FDC. Go to schiratti.com, to Peter Dowsaon's web page, you can find out all about FSUIPC there. Also, you can download the current version of FSUIPC from there, and it WILL work with FDC without requiring registration or payment. HOWEVER, you CANNOT get all the goodies which it provides from the freeware version--all you will get is use of FDC--or any other accredited software. Just follow the installation instructions in the readme, that is all you have to do. FDC will work just fine. And if you are new to flight sim, and don't know what FSUIPC is and what all the features are, then the readme gives a full description of those. Regards,PaulFDC Team Member