Sign in to follow this  

I am a complete newbie to overclocking. Can someone help me overclock my CPU? I got it up to 4.5ghz with 1.355 vcore is this too high? Please recommend what voltages I should be using at each ghz. Also, since this is my first overclock, I had to restate my system like 10 times yesterday and literally like 30 times today and still haven't gotten stability. Did everyone experience this on their first overclock? Please tell me your experiences as now I feel really bad for having restarted my system so much and please help!

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I am a complete newbie to overclocking. Can someone help me overclock my CPU? I got it up to 4.5ghz with 1.355 vcore is this too high? Please recommend what voltages I should be using at each ghz. Also, since this is my first overclock, I had to restate my system like 10 times yesterday and literally like 30 times today and still haven't gotten stability. Did everyone experience this on their first overclock? Please tell me your experiences as now I feel really bad for having restarted my system so much and please help!
I suggest you do a little reading here:http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110You should find all the answers you needPierre

Pierre

I suggest you do a little reading here:http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110You should find all the answers you needPierre
I can not thank you enough for this link as it has what the vcores usually are for anspecific clock so thanks. One question, although my computer is booting fine and everything is function (except for my very unstable oc) do you think that all the restarts I had to perform while trying to overclock could potentially do something. I mean, nothing has happened to me after re starting for literally ~34 times, but can restarting the computer too much do something? I need to know so I can be more careful when I try to overclock tomorrow.Thanks.

Alfredo Terrero

Nope. Just make sure it's fully booted into windows etc before restarting. In the week i've had mine, i've restarted about 100 times with OCing, and FSX installations etc

Nope. Just make sure it's fully booted into windows etc before restarting. In the week i've had mine, i've restarted about 100 times with OCing, and FSX installations etc
Thanks that's a big relief to know. I did press the rest button on my case like 4 times because I wouldn't get past the bios loading but everything is working fine. I'll try to see if I can get a successful 4..4-4.6 ghz overclock for now using Pierre's link. Once again, thanks for the information.

Alfredo Terrero

Alex, I have one question. How come you were able to reach 4.8ghz with 1.34 vcore and I need 1.37 vcore to have a stable 4.5 overclock. Is this just one of the signs that my cpu isn't one of the "high" overclockers? Or is it just my motherboard?

Alfredo Terrero