Sign in to follow this  
kodiak

AirbusX vs Wilco Airbus

I've been away from fs for awhile, now I finally have a new beast to handle FSX and I"m looking for a new Airbus. I own the Wilco bus for fs9 and I like the fact that FS2Crew has software for it. Airbus X looks great,but how realistic are the systems?Thanks

The Aerosoft Airbus X is not very realistic, as it was intended to be. The project goal was to create a "lite" version-- which it has succeeded in being. For example, there is limited functionality with the FMC. The fly-by-wire system is also suspect.Graphically, the plane is amazing. The virtual cockpit is the best I have flown yet-- and the sounds are pretty good too. The plane is easy to learn and fly, however like I said with the limited FMC, there are no Sid/Stars nor can you set altitude/speed restrictions on the waypoints. Is it worth getting? If you want better graphics and a plane you can jump into, then its worth it. If you desire more, then you probably won't be satisfied. As reported by others, myself included, the fly-by-wire though functional seems to be hokey still.

I guess nobody knows anything new about Wilco upgrade?Wilco has good systems but horrible VC graphics (ok, outdated if you want), AirbusX is amazing graphically but very lite on the systems. A classic FSX situation... choose what you want, you can't have it all ;)

I have the Aersoft Airbus which i bought a few days ago, had lots of problems with a "gpsmodule.dll" and Aerosoft are no good for support at all, this is happening all over the support forums and they arent doing much about it im afraid. Apart from that the model is just lovely!

I have the Aersoft Airbus which i bought a few days ago, had lots of problems with a "gpsmodule.dll" and Aerosoft are no good for support at all, this is happening all over the support forums and they arent doing much about it im afraid. Apart from that the model is just lovely!
I also have the Aero Airbus X.I also have the LVL D767, PMDG 747 and PMDG J41 .I use the above 767, 747 and J41 far far far more than I use the Airbus X which seems to be gathering more and more dust.For me its just not as involved as the LVL D and PMDG offerings so it does not keep me coming back for more because it is just ever so slightly more complex than a default FSX plane IMOI wish it was not that way, I truly do.I know Aerosoft say it is lite version. but it cost £34. I got the PMDG 747 and J41 for about the same. And just ordered the MD-11 from eBAy for £35 so for me the Airbus X is not good value. Lite version price point should be £20-25 once you compare it against the other planes out there.But yes for a quick graphically impressive flight its great.Cant speak for the Wilco.

Keithy George

Hi thereI have Wilco A380-800 V2 for FSX, and i have to say it's very good. It's fully functional and it's very easy to change the graphics (take a little time of your day to do that). I've allready make some good repaints using the paint kit.If i was you, get the Wilco V2 versionBest regards