Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Posky 757 FDE issues...

Is it me or does the Posky 757 FDE need a little work??? In a regular decent the aircraft doesn't seem to lose enough speed when throttles are cut back. I was coming in for an approach the other night and couldn't get the speed down to 245kts without deploying speed brakes. Once the air brakes were detracted the speed climbed back up over the redline in excess of 250kts under 10,000ft. Deploying flaps 1 in a decent to keep speed down results in an unrealistic angle of attack during a decent. Speed brakes also cause too much of an adverse effect when deployed to even risk using them unless extremely necessary (nose pitches up drastically and falls back when you close them). Another thing I noticed is the Posky 757 jumps into the air with little or no flaps on takeoff. Yesterday on approach when coming into Seattle I found my Airspeed Indicator to go down to zero for no reason as if simulating a gauge malfunction (I didn

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest lawyerpilot

How many feet per second were you descending?...you might need speedbrakes..to keep it at 250. About 1000 ft per minute is about standard on descent. Plan to begin descent (TOD) about 3x your altitude. So, if you are at 31,000, you will need about 95 miles at standard descent (roughly 310 indicated?)and about 11-1100 ft per minute., and then 250 knots below 10000.CBCommercial ASEL Instrument

Guest Eurosky

make sure you have the right FDE, some of the repaints are uploaded with wrong FDE (should be version 8.0, if you have 7.3 than its old) I dont really know much about flying a 757 so all i can say is please also take a look at the manual. If still this problem than try our site (www.projectopensky.com)

Guest OneTinSoldier

How do you tell what FDE version you have installed?Jim

Sounds like for sure you have an incorrect FDE file. You can tell the version in the aircraft description under the aircraft selection screen, or just open up the aircraft.cfg file and it should say in the description. For example, I know the Northwest NC 757 has the latest version and flies very well.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest Dr_T

I had a similar issue as well (too fast on descent). The following fixed my descent speed problem. For example, at 31,000 feet, when initially instructed to descend by ATC, I select a steep descent (1,800 to 2,000 feet/min, depending on distance from airport and approach pattern), and reduce autothrottle to 275 KIAS. The plane gradually slows and stabilizes to approximately 280 KIAS. When I reach 11,000 feet, I adjust descent rate to 1,100 to 900 feet/min, and slow autothrottle airspeed to 235 knots (plane gradually slows to around 240 KIAS, plus gives me plenty of time to reach holding altitude). On final approach fix, I slow airspeed to 200 - 210 KIAS before deploying flaps and gear. When I do this, the plane seems to function as one would normally expect (I assume so...since I am not a real pilot).Hope this helps,--Matt

Guest OneTinSoldier

Thaks for the link Craig. :) I downloaded the file and made certain all my POSKY 757 FDE's were at v8.0.Jim