Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

Catalyst v3.9 Available

Guest bjjones

Another release and another problem sorted according to the release notes;Setting the game Flight Simulator 2004 to display at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 followed by starting a new flight no longer results in the menu being flipped just before the new flight is about to begin they also resolve any problems people may have been having with cards overheatingavailable here http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wxp-w2k-cataly...28m-011774c.exe

Guest Tim13

So......has any brave soul here tried them? Has the screen flashing demon finally been exorcised?Tim13

Works fine. No flashing at all. - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Yaay! Yes, I can confirm that (at least on my rig) the flashing is a thing of the past. The transitions between the various views (spot, VC, etc.) are also much improved. In fact, they're instantaneous. I'm very pleased.

Guest Tim13

I too can confirm that the flashing menu problem is finally a thing of the past. Switching between views is much quicker. I didn't realize just how much the menu flashing was detracting from the game until it was gone. Now I realize just how annoying it really was! lol.Tim13

Guest japangg

Hi, thanks for the great news. Does the new driver also reduce bluriness??japangg

Guest nutmeat

Another interesting thing I noted: with the 3.8's, the graphics fan would tend to slow down and then speed up, like they were trying to keep the temp at a certain value with the fan. With the 3.9's that is gone and the fan speed seems to be constant, and at a lower RPM (at least quieter).In 2D cockpit, where I do most of my flying, using the hat switch to see other views seems to be slower but I have not had a chance to give this a more complete test yet.Larry S.P.S. Flying with real world weather with updates is the "cat's meow" as long as its a DSL connection to the internet. No pauses or other problems and frames remain good. I've gotten to turning off the counter unless I'm testing new drivers or A/C. On my old dialup, it was pretty stuttery.

Guest JeanLuc_

Thanks for the info! now installed and works like a charm with FS2004 with no more black screen flicker between mode changes and popup window displays. It also is faster to switch views in my opinion ('s' key) as well as with the joy-hat! There is even a slight increase in performance at AAx2 and AFx4 Quality (not tested the other modes) which looks like less hesitations sometimes (fluid)! But this may well be an impression only!Hope this helps!

Guest RobK

These new Cat 3.9's cured the flashing menus for me too! Like others have mentioned, I also noticed that the menus now load up much faster as well as cycling views with the 's' key is much quicker now too.Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB DDRRob

This appears to be a great set of drivers. The flashing problem is cured of course (never so much a problem for me because I run in windowed mode), and performance is good. In my FRAPS benchmark, I gained 2fps over the previous set of drivers (and the Omega's). Avergage fps on my standard benchmark (approach and landing at KSEA runway 34L) was 29fps (versus 27fps previously) and was peaking at 33fps (versus 30fps previously).Looks like a keeper.

Guest panda234

Jimmy, what are your sliders set at? I have a similar system, but with a 9800 Pro, and I'm getting 12fps or sometimes lower anywhere near KSEA. My sliders are pretty well maxed except a few that are down 1 notch. If your sliders are similar, what tweaks are you using!!!!? billg

Guest jhowardii

Installed last night and FS 2004 now crashing. I've only tried this a few times but it's repeatable. 3.8 drivers worked fine. Taking off from SEA Rwy 34 in the BE350,climb to 3000 with autopilot on, when level (about half way to downtown), cycling views with the "s" key crashes my computer to a hard reset when changing to the chase plane view. Using AIW 9800 Pro on Athlon 2K+ with 1 GB RAM. Also, barberpole building texture effect still there.

Guest mda

Skyking I had similar problems when using 3.8's. I am half way through my flight and go to spot plane. Then I get screeching out my speakers and flight sim freezes. Have to cold boot. If that is what you are experiencing let me know. This has happened since I installed my new sound card so I am not sure if it is a video prob you are having.

Guest FPSFREAK

Make sure your chipset drivers and sound card drivers are properly installed and updated. Also browse the Creative site, if that's the SC your running for a patch that may possibly help both of your situations.The poor VC gets blamed for everything :(Bobby