Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Puzzled

I honestly do not understand why someone would want to come here, for assistance on the 737NG when there is a perfectly good, legal forum provided by 'Flight 1' for this purpose? Steve Masson the Moderater on there is the nicest guy I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with and his support is nothing short of excellent.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I think it's likely the same as the LevelD forum, where (like me) potential buyers would like to know about possible bugs, issues, etc. The unlocked general forums don't address/discuss such topics for the most part.For example, I've read various questions online about issues with the vspeed/vnav functions but typically replies direct users to the registered forums. I have no objection to this, and understand it's an effort to only allow support to buyers. I buy software, and in spite of the knee-jerk reactions that will undoubtedly appear I prefer to make an informed purchase decision. I'm not alone in having been burned in the past by "their support is excellent" (read: Wilco) only to find helpful support that could not or would not resolve said issues.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Unfortunately, people who reply to 'support' questions on this forum are not helping. Users of the iFly 737NG MUSt use the official support forum to prevent piracy. The support forum has a great community there and offers far more than just technical support. If a potential purchaser wants to know anything about the aircraft, the forum has a non licensed General area for that purpose. Do NOT discuss the 737 in this forum please as I am sure this is against AVSIM rules too!.

The unlocked general forums don't address/discuss such topics for the most part.
The iFly has a General discussion section open without buying the product to answer any questions you have and other satisfied or not satisfied users will tell you what they think. Flight1 offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all their software so buy it and try it... or is it as it appears, that most posters on here would rather pirate it, then expect iFly/Flight1 to give you support?

so buy it and try it... or is it as it appears, that most posters on here would rather pirate it, then expect iFly/Flight1 to give you support?
Agreed, there are many that will pirate the software. However, there have even been several locked threads over at the general forum authored by people who DID purchase and ultimately returned the software due to different issues. One even had the nerve to ask if SP1 corrected certain bugs, in which case he would re-purchase, and that thread was locked. Sorry, but that's not terribly helpful as a potential buyer, and a non purchaser should not be treated as a rule-breaker or thief by default simply by posting a question. Again, I don't dispute Ifly's policy, it's just not for me when the generic response to pre-purchase questions is to pay and pray. I see similar discussions over at LevelD (which I've owned since its fs9 iteration), and almost any such question typically receives either accusations of piracy, or denial of this or that issue being questioned; many of those issues remain btw. Same as Ifly though, it's absolutely their right to run their forums this way. With anti-piracy efforts neck and neck with the war on drugs in terms of success, totally understandable.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I think it's likely the same as the LevelD forum, where (like me) potential buyers would like to know about possible bugs, issues, etc. The unlocked general forums don't address/discuss such topics for the most part. For example, I've read various questions online about issues with the vspeed/vnav functions but typically replies direct users to the registered forums. I have no objection to this, and understand it's an effort to only allow support to buyers. I buy software, and in spite of the knee-jerk reactions that will undoubtedly appear I prefer to make an informed purchase decision. I'm not alone in having been burned in the past by "their support is excellent" (read: Wilco) only to find helpful support that could not or would not resolve said issues.
In every case vspeed/vnav issues have proven to be a bad installation, user ignorance, or the use of certain add-ons that create bad weather data. I, or any one else registered on those support forums, will be happy to answer general questions on the general discussion forum. Few, if any, of us will answer specific, support oriented, questions. In every case, you are free to believe the answers or not - I assure you, however, they're a darn sight better than you'll get here. I can't imagine someone saying that Wilco support is excellent - it is appalling and a few minutes research will demonstrate that. I will tell you that iFly support is excellent, and any registered user will say the same with the possible exception of a very few who have behaved abominably and gotten the heave ho and a refund for their efforts. DJ

Again, I don't dispute Ifly's policy, it's just not for me when the generic response to pre-purchase questions is to pay and pray.
You will find many posts answering pre purchase questions on the official support forum. Threads have been locked when clear examples of piracy have been found. If you ask a question on the iFly General forum, it will be answered and with the money back guarantee, I don't see the point in your pay and pray statement! If you don't like the product for any reason, Flight1 refund your money. I don't see any other publisher who has that attitude, and as this forum header clearly states, THIS forum is ONLY for the freeware iFly products NOT the commercial ones.