Sign in to follow this  
bills2004svt

Service pack is out

Just wanted to let you guys know
Had a good first flight and I sure like the re-worked altimeter! :(

Bert

Here is i link to it. You have to log in to get the patch.Robhttp://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/links.php3

I looked on the website and can't find it. Can you provide a link.Thanks

Here is i link to it. You have to log in to get the patch.Robhttp://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/links.php3
Got it. Thanks for your help

Wx radar still does not work on my system (but, it does not work for me in the Caravan either so I must have some other issue on my system -- I get transparent VC in the Caravan and the throttle does not work).Somehow, these issues are related. These are the only two aircraft I have problems with. PMDGs, LDS, etc several other complex aircraft work fine. The Carenado Piper Saratoga works fine too. I wouldn't know I had a problem with the C340 if it wasn't for the weather radar, but the Caravan is completely messed up for me.Trying to think of the common denominator.Jason

Does anyone else find it odd, that the release of an SP is announced by a member of the community and not by Carenado themselves? I don't know how you found out but thanks bills2004svt.(that rolls off the tongue) :( As for the patch itself, all seems well. A shame they've got rid of the spoiler, that came in VERY handy sometimes! :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

As for the patch itself, all seems well. A shame they've got rid of the spoiler, that came in VERY handy sometimes! :(
Don't tell anybody, but if you grab the spoiler settings from the Lear 45 you can patch them into the C340. Of course, I would never admit to doing such a thing.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Does anyone else find it odd, that the release of an SP is announced by a member of the community and not by Carenado themselves? I don't know how you found out but thanks bills2004svt.(that rolls off the tongue) :( As for the patch itself, all seems well. A shame they've got rid of the spoiler, that came in VERY handy sometimes! :(
No. We should just be thankful that they come here and listen to us whining at all! :(

Had a good first flight and I sure like the re-worked altimeter! :(
I do like the new altimeter much better - but for the next service pack,I would suggest Carenado also fix the 10,000 digit :( See attached screen shot of me flying at 10,000 feet..

Bert

Hi Bert,This is strange. I have checked it last night and it's working correctly on my side.Maybe you have to download the plane again and reinstall it without using the patch.

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

Wx radar still does not work on my system (but, it does not work for me in the Caravan either so I must have some other issue on my system -- I get transparent VC in the Caravan and the throttle does not work).
Got them working now, both the C340 and the 208 Caravan... It was a corrupted FSX SP2 install. Sometime in the last year of installing addons and tweeking settings some element of the SP2 service pack was messed up. It wouldn't even alow me to reinstall just the service pack. I had to reinstall FSX base, then SP1 then SP2. But all is better now and I am enjoying both the 340 and the 208 (I put the RXP FLT, FLN, and GNS gauges in the 208, including the S-Tec autopilot -- which satisfied my need for tweeking :)).Jason

I do like the new altimeter much better - but for the next service pack,I would suggest Carenado also fix the 10,000 digit :( See attached screen shot of me flying at 10,000 feet..
I noticed the same thing on a flight last night, Bert. It got an eye-roll from me.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Logging in, I see no updates?All that is displayed is the word 'Updates

Dave Taylor gb.png