Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Epidemic of crashes today

Guest Wang D. Doodle

Several threads indicate that lots of people are suddenly having unexplained catastrophic failures of FS9. Could the problem perhaps be a file called "railroadsu.zip" that 382 of us downloaded from the library yesterday? This seemed to be the cause of my problems.Others in a similar dramatic situation might try to remember whether they installed that new texture file; if they did so, they might try replacing it with the default texture to see if it solves the problem. Reports would be helpful to users and the developer (it could be a conflict with some particular setup, drivers, whatever).Wang

Guest simnut

Having this file loaded prevents my FS from running also!!! Everything is A.O.K. when putting back the original file. Not sure why...but won't work with the new railroad bmp!!!Harry

Hello Wang,Good points.I would tend to agree on the file- I have had numerous CTDs since yesterday. I at first attributed it to the UT update but remembered also adding in the RR enhancement. I will not say that it is the definite problem since my crashed are random and hard to duplicate, but so far no CTDs with it removed (have not got past dinner to fly yet, though).Joe LorencVice President, Carolina Operations, VN7 Networkhttp://www.vn7network.com/

Joe Lorenc

Guest Hugo

Same here. Returning to the original file cured the problem for me too.Hugo

If it helps narrow things down, I installed the UT update yesterday, but don't have the RR enhancement, and I'm not getting any crashes.

Guest product

Actually I don't have the Railroad file, but did install UT update... and am now getting crashes to desktop that I never got before. It may be UT...Joel

I installed the railroad file and think it was the source of a bunch of G2D.dll crashes I was getting, I reinstalled the sim and now all is fine.Hornit