Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

Ultimate Traffic or PAI???? Few questions

Guest zimmerbz

Currently I use PAI. I am somewhat happy with it, but dont feel as though the airports are represented well enough. Im thinking about buying UT, but am not sure what the differences will be. What will UT bring to the table that PAI doesnt? Is it worth it? Also, is there a way to know if a AI plane is parked at the gate before you pick the start gate? Today I was at my saved gate at ORD (C26) and i loaded it up. There was a plane directely behind me. I couldnt pushback. Any advice?Brad

I think basically you need to ask yourself this, can your PC handle even more polygons on the screen and still be flyable. I used to have a ton of AI in FS2002, it was great to be able to do all this by hand and see the end results, but after awhile, I just turned it off as it was unflyble. I have a new fairly high end rig and FS9 runs great on it, I have all the PAI stuff installed and with the new AFCADS, I have plenty of traffic and it is still flyable, so I plan to leave it at that.Several of my pilots have UT and love it, it has a bunch of cool features and adds a bit more to the AI experience, but it is not free. Hope that helps.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

I use PAI but am probably gonna switch. Their new installer doesnt work for some reason on my PC.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Eric, I had same problem. In my case, a process called CTHELPER, part of my Creative/Soundblaster stuff, was the culprit. I stopped that process, and the installer worked. Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library