Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coneman

Dave O'Briens Holloman, Andrews and Langley AFCADS?

Has anyone used Dave O'Brien's Holloman, Andrews and Langley AFCADS in today's downloads available on the main page? Dave did not include his e-mail address so I can't contact him. In the readme he says to add KVPS to the airports.txt file. KVPS is Eglin AFB. Did he mean KLFI? I see that the coordinates given are slightly different than the coordinates in FS2004. Should we add these coordinates and if so will they overwrite the exising coordinates? He also mentions five sets of files that are needed for the AI aircraft. I installed the AFCAD's and all of the planes stated. I see no AI aircraft at any of the bases. Are there supposed to be AI at those airports? Thanks for any help. Best regards, Bob.

Guest cloudtops

As to your question of whether or not there are any AI scheduled to land or depart at KHMN, KADW, or KLFI, I decompiled the default traffic030528.bgl, did a Notepad Find and found no AI traffic legs visit any of these three airports.I haven't downloaded Dave's file, but perhaps the reason he suggested adding KVPS is because he uploaded another military parking file that includes Eglin AFB on November 2nd. If he doesn't provide any traffic files with his AFCADs, it's only necessary to include KVPS when you are adding AI to that field.KevinEDIT: I reread your question and see that he references some files needed for traffic in the readme. I downloaded the file just to see what he's talking about and didn't see a readme at all. I figure he wants you to add KVPS because he has scheduled flights from one or more of the three AFCAD airports in this package to Eglin (from his previous package). Strange that I couldn't find the readme.

Guest firehawk44

Bob, I downloaded Andrews, Holloman, and Langley zip file on November 2d. The file actually contained Andrews, Holloman, and Langley AFB AFCAD's. It looks like he's using the same zip file name to upload his AFCAD's to AFB's. I also downloaded the five sets of files he recommended for AI aircraft but did not install yet as I have Lago's Falcon (F16) program and that program has a large number of combat aircraft. When I installed the AFCAD's, there was absolutely no aircraft parked, taking off, or landing at Andrew's AFB. I added the aircraft type and parking codes to each aircraft in the aircraft.cfg and I still got nothing at Andrews. I also made sure the bases were added to the airport.txt file. Still nothing. I'm very frustrated and if you find a solution let me know.Regards,Jim Young

Guest Coneman

Sorry if I missed this or am just being dense, but did he include flight plans for the aircraft? If not there is no scheduled military flights in default FS traffic.Todd

Guest firehawk44

No Todd, there were no flight plans included. Didn't realize this is a requirement. I guess I can make my own flight plans using Ultimate Traffic or wait until someone uploads some for military bases. Thanks for your assistance.Jim Young

Hi Kevin. Thanks for the reply. There is a file entitled "base installment readme-Holloman, Andrews & Langley". I don't think it was labeled as readme.txt though. That's where he tells us to add the airports to the airports.txt file and suggests five A/C for the AI aircraft. There are no A/C scheduled at any of the bases as far as I can see. There are no parking spaces set either. Best regards, Bob.

Hi Todd. No there were no flightplans. That's why there are no AI planes at the bases. There are no parking spaces set either. Best regards, Bob.

Guest Coneman

If he goes by the name Top Gun in the forums I believe he has just uploaded flight plans for these.Todd