Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Captains-I am seeing some creative alteration of things that we have said (or NOT said) so I want to put some important clarification that everyone needs to understand:FRAME RATES: We offered some frame rate guidance 6-8 months ago. In that guidance we indicated that performance was significantly better than the 747-400X and moderately better than the MD-11 when putting the NGX into similar locations/circumstances. In that post i was VERY CLEAR to point out that this guidance was not final- as we still had some very heavy computational pieces to add to the airplane. So let me make certain that everyone here is clear on this topic: WE ARE NOT FINISHED YET. PERFORMANCE IS CHANGING EVERY DAY BASED UPON WHAT WE ADD TO THE AIRPLANE, WHAT IS OPTIMIZED, and WHAT GETS TAKEN OUT OF THE AIRPLANE.When we are finished optimizing and adding these last few bits of functionality, we will give you some specific data on performance as well as recommendations on hardware.I just want to be certain that people understand that the previous guidance was given in a very limited context. Performance is still quite good, but at this point it can be optimized for improvement. When we have firm data, we will share it with you!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Just my two cents. In order to save time to everyone, maybe a specific 737 NGX FAQ pinned topic would be useful ?This won't avoid people asking same questions, but it would certainly decrease this ...So many thanks for the updates of thoses last days :(

Regarding frame rates and performance.. I don't think the use of an external frame rate limiter can be emphasised enough!!I have been simming for many years now and have only just come across this ingenious little trick! Since I've used the external frame rate limiter it feels like I have a brand new computer when running FSX. For example my FPS in the 744x with graphics turned up and REX2 weather running, used to be around 8-14. Now they are up past the 20 mark always. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience!I'm suprised we haven't seen this before in the PMDG wiki or as a sticky in the forum.Ross Marsh

I rarely ever post nowadays, because for some reason I find most of the stuff on my mind as being repetitive anyway, with regard to what has already been said. Regarding the NGX almost everything has been said already when it comes to expectations and also when it comes to praise for the product in question.Having said this, I still want to add something that people should consider. Reading Rob's post on FPS put some fuel on fire :).I think what is clearly seen here, on this forum, is positive enthusiasm over a product that will surely break ground in many ways. But what is also seen is the endless chain of requests and demands and, without a better word: concern (about the product).People are "concerned" constantly over if it will have proper sounds, proper lights, best frames, faultless polygons on flap fairings, a populated cabin, internal sounds in wingviews, this or that airline option, a realistic balloon hanging from the tail or not.... And the list goes on. Some even brought up the fact that the plane might be "too good" now, that there are details that "I don't need".I am just thinking that reading the feature lists by PMDG staff, and then reading some of the posts here... that for heaven's sake people, just sit back and wait. Don't you think that they would know by now what is expected? They are making their best plane so far, if I'm reading all the cues right, so the constant "pressure" from some of the readers is I think if not idiotic, then maybe just "very unnecessary" to be polite. At this point I would sit back and relax and wait patiently for whatever comes out of the pipeline. It takes some time, but so what. No matter how much you repeat your requests, it'll not speed it up or make the product any better. Maybe I am guessing wrong, but I suspect that some of the people might be just so young that they don't recognize what it takes to create this kind of stuff out of thin air. People should start to show a little more respect towards groups doing quality MSFS stuff, for it's a long and bumpy road to do something like this. I would probably be a lot stricter forum mod, if I was supervising here. Discussion is OK, but sometimes I think that people don't think at all.Tero P

PPL(A)

I rarely ever post nowadays, because for some reason I find most of the stuff on my mind as being repetitive anyway, with regard to what has already been said. Regarding the NGX almost everything has been said already when it comes to expectations and also when it comes to praise for the product in question.Having said this, I still want to add something that people should consider. Reading Rob's post on FPS put some fuel on fire :).I think what is clearly seen here, on this forum, is positive enthusiasm over a product that will surely break ground in many ways. But what is also seen is the endless chain of requests and demands and, without a better word: concern (about the product).People are "concerned" constantly over if it will have proper sounds, proper lights, best frames, faultless polygons on flap fairings, a populated cabin, internal sounds in wingviews, this or that airline option, a realistic balloon hanging from the tail or not.... And the list goes on. Some even brought up the fact that the plane might be "too good" now, that there are details that "I don't need".I am just thinking that reading the feature lists by PMDG staff, and then reading some of the posts here... that for heaven's sake people, just sit back and wait. Don't you think that they would know by now what is expected? They are making their best plane so far, if I'm reading all the cues right, so the constant "pressure" from some of the readers is I think if not idiotic, then maybe just "very unnecessary" to be polite. At this point I would sit back and relax and wait patiently for whatever comes out of the pipeline. It takes some time, but so what. No matter how much you repeat your requests, it'll not speed it up or make the product any better. Maybe I am guessing wrong, but I suspect that some of the people might be just so young that they don't recognize what it takes to create this kind of stuff out of thin air. People should start to show a little more respect towards groups doing quality MSFS stuff, for it's a long and bumpy road to do something like this. I would probably be a lot stricter forum mod, if I was supervising here. Discussion is OK, but sometimes I think that people don't think at all.Tero P
Very well put Tero, I share your views. The most important thing is that we get an overall well designed and stable product. I own every PMDG product since the first 737 for fs9 and I have not been disapointed yet.

During the course of the weekend we are going to add more images to this thread. [...] As well as some exciting night shots to show you the internal and external lighting in glorious detail!
A little confused here, have I missed something? Or is it next weekend the night shots were suppose to be shown? Doesn't matter, was just wondering.Sincerely,Rob Belach

Maybe I am guessing wrong, but I suspect that some of the people might be just so young that they don't recognize what it takes to create this kind of stuff out of thin air. People should start to show a little more respect towards groups doing quality MSFS stuff, for it's a long and bumpy road to do something like this. I would probably be a lot stricter forum mod, if I was supervising here. Discussion is OK, but sometimes I think that people don't think at all.Tero P
Tero - very nice to see you around again, and very well put. I have been phrasing a similar post in my own mind for quite some time!Best wishes,Rob

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Out of curiosity, how concerned is PMDG about piracy and their NGX being illegaly torrented? Is PMDG including any sort of copy protection, and if so, will it be of the "intrusive" type?Best regards,

Out of curiosity, how concerned is PMDG about piracy and their NGX being illegaly torrented? Is PMDG including any sort of copy protection, and if so, will it be of the "intrusive" type?Best regards,
Good question. The piracy on this plane will be huge. Something never seen by any other developer.

Matheus Mafra

Well said

Asier Azpiazu

Well, I'm sure that if they have a good anti-piracy protection, they will not be sharing any info about it here.

Hello,i have one simpel questen, can i use the NGX with Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel, Switch Panel and other Products?Best RegardsDominik St.

Couldn't said it better myseslf, Thank you.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Excellent post Tero. Perfect.

Very well put Tero, I share your views. The most important thing is that we get an overall well designed and stable product. I own every PMDG product since the first 737 for fs9 and I have not been disapointed yet.
Tero - very nice to see you around again, and very well put. I have been phrasing a similar post in my own mind for quite some time!
Well said
Couldn't said it better myseslf, Thank you.
Excellent post Tero. Perfect.
Agree with you all. Well said, Tero, and it's good to see you're back.

Matheus Mafra