Sign in to follow this  
Guest KD

Eric Ernst

how many news rooms have you worked in, or for that matter how many journalists do you know personally? your assumption that newspapers only want to sell papers is a rather broad brush, don't you think? I work in the profession, have done so for nearly 40 years and know first hand the dedication of good reporters. Without the media, you would live in the dark, not knowing what your government was doing. The press is the best check on government a democracy can have.On the main subject re Eric Ernst...what a terrible trauma to be put through.Sherm

Guest Dennis_F4i

Way off topic, but yes I do believe that newspapers exist only to sell papers. Any belief to the contrary is simply disillusioned. I'm not saying that this is bad, but it's the true; without the profit motive neither you nor your co-workers would have jobs.The unfortunate side of this is that some (perhaps many) news organizations "enhance" their headlines, sometimes to the point of actually creating news. Flash sells copies.That said, yes we are all grateful to live in a society that allows free press, and yes I do rely on various written and broadcast news stories for my information. However, at best, I believe that perhaps 50% of the reported details can be taken at face value. There is usually an underlying factual base, but from there reality and reporting digress. The problem probably stems from the reporter's time pressure and lack of understanding of the root issues. Add to this the opinions of the people interviewed and the tint of the reporter's personal background and you can have a wide divergence between the truth and the reported account.

He did make a brief visit to the 767PIC forum a while ago (around last December). Try a search.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

You're lucky you talk to him, Lou.Such guys, & yourself, give & gave so much pleasure over the years to FS people, whom you'll never meet.People like Eric are still hovering around, &we're enriched by them.Peter Sydney Australia

Eric's plane helped me to appreciate flight simming like never before, for this I will always be grateful. I am sure he has moved many to take up real world flying and to experience this incredible aircraft in ways they never could in the real world. So I have deep respect for his talent and for his decision to depart the community. I can't imagine how he felt thinking that his project in any way helped in such a aweful event. Best of luck sir. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/196432/winglets_lg.jpg

I hadn't heard of this pilot/author and don't fly the heavies, but IMO if we let the infidels (their word, not mine) steer talent away from a *hobby*/passion that we all share, then they've won yet another battle.So what if the infidels used a flight simulator to practice their intended paths, with the payoff being to lie with 40 virgins or whatever? I can't believe that without Flight Simulator they'd've been any less "successful" in their acts - their determination to foul up the world would've found another way to rehearse. And furthermore, the press latched onto this like the leeches that they've proved themselves to be, over and over.In sum, it really ####### me off that those scoundrels have not only caused Eric to leave behind the valued work that he'd done up to that point, but more importantly (apparently) have caused him to lose the passion that most of us still have for this flight simulation thing. That's truly a shame.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest DreamFleet

Just got off the phone with Eric this very minute. He called from Orange County, CA, where he is on a trip.Scheduled dinner with him for tomorrow night, after he returns. Looks like we'll have a lot to catch up on, as it has been a while.BTW, his friend, Todd (always lurking out there), told him about this thread, and he does appreciate the kind sentiments expressed. :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...RUM_LOUF_A2.jpg