Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrJimi

Announcement: new "groundhandling" gauges

Guest alanrco

Really Great, Rob!Hope u don't mind but I've done some resizing and repositioning for the gauge and icon as per piccie for two great aircraft for FS9. Here's the details....AlanFS9PMDG 737NGICON:gauge52=rcb_groundhandling!Icon_Pushback, 651,597,21,21Gauge Location and resizing:[Windowxx] //DON'T FORGET THE NUMBER!size_mm=98,50ident=10005visible=0window_size= 0.15,0.1window_pos= 0.356, 0.570background_color=16,16,16gauge00=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundSwitch, 0, 0, 25, 18gauge01=rcb_groundhandling!AutoTaxiAfterLanding, 25, 0, 24, 18gauge02=rcb_groundhandling!AutoTaxiAfterParkingbrake, 49, 0, 24, 18gauge03=rcb_groundhandling!ParkingBrakeSwitch, 73, 0, 25, 18gauge04=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackDisplay, 0, 18, 43, 32gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!TaxispeedFS2004, 43, 18, 30, 32 gauge06=rcb_groundhandling!BrakePressure, 73, 18, 25, 32gauge07=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackStates, 0,0gauge08=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundServer,0,0gauge09=rcb_groundhandling!BrakeSound, 0,0gauge10=rcb_sound!sound,0,0,,,9998 9999 95Eaglesoft BeechJet400AICONgauge52=rcb_groundhandling!Icon_Pushback, 39,746,21,21Gauge Location and resizing[Windowxx] //DON'T FORGET THE NUMBER!size_mm=147,75ident=10005visible=0window_size= 0.20,0.15window_pos= 0.474, 0.465background_color=16,16,16gauge00=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundSwitch, 0, 0, 37, 27gauge01=rcb_groundhandling!AutoTaxiAfterLanding, 37, 0, 36, 27gauge02=rcb_groundhandling!AutoTaxiAfterParkingbrake, 73, 0, 36, 27gauge03=rcb_groundhandling!ParkingBrakeSwitch, 109, 0, 37, 27gauge04=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackDisplay, 0, 27, 64, 48gauge05=rcb_groundhandling!TaxispeedFS2004, 64, 27, 45, 48gauge06=rcb_groundhandling!BrakePressure, 109, 27, 37, 48gauge07=rcb_groundhandling!PushbackStates, 0,0gauge08=rcb_groundhandling!XMLSoundServer,0,0gauge09=rcb_groundhandling!BrakeSound, 0,0gauge10=rcb_sound!sound,0,0,,,9998 9999 95

Hi Edward,The new version appear to work fine now.I'll release them tomorrow.About: ""if is possible to make Icon_Pushback invisible""What do you mean by that ? Just send me an EMail what you want (and how you did that in the previous version)Rob

Guest byoung

Rob,Installed the gauge.. Great... Notice a little hit on frame rates...Anybody else notice a frame rate hit??Barry

Hi Barry,I tested that on my 2.53 Ghz machine.At the airport (and the FS settings) I use: the average FPS went from 36 (without all the gauges) to 34.5 (with the gauges installed and the window opened). That why I said "hardly noticeable" in the README :-)Cheers, Rob

Guest byoung

Hey Rob,I have the exact same processor as you... What video and how much memory are you using? I can only get 18-20.Barry

Hi Barry,ATI9700, 512Kb.But I personally find comparing FPS values rather pointless without knowing the setting of ALL FS variables.An example only: my FPS 34.5 was measured at EHAM. But only changing the heading of the aircraft full circle and varying the zoom factor between 0.5 and 2, the av.FPS values (when stabilised) varied from 24 to 41. If I change other settings as well (weather, time, AI %, screen resolution, displaymode, AA/AF settings, other sliders, etc etc) I can get as low as 16 and as high as 62 with the same aircraft at the same location. See my point ?Rob

Guest rockit

I too have lost toe brakes after this fantastic addition. Will the update fix this? Its damned hard trying to stop now without doing a "handbrakey"!!Jon

Hi Jon,Yes, it will.I have got it working in all configurations I can imaging, but I will not release it untill I'm absolutely sure when to advise which braking system to use. I expect in a few days, it's now being beta-tested.FYI: There are many variables, like:- FS2002 or FS2004- Toebrakes pedals installed or not- Toebrakes calibrated via a FSUIPC or not.And in every configuration, the braking system in FS2004 appears to behave differently :-(.Rob

Guest rockit

Great. I will wait with great anticipation for the patch/update.Till then , I'll just keep praticing handbrake stops, and I apologise to all ATC for the cry off - "$#@* !! , NO BRAKES !!!!":)