Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlgregg

ATI 9800 Pro - No Haze at night w/real weather???

Guest jlgregg

Greeting all.Am currently running FS9 on a Vaio RX-5500 P4 1.8G w/512DDRHave recently installed a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and have beeen most impressed with it save one glitch. Installed the latest drivers from ATI last night in an attempt to eliminate the problem of not being able to limit visibility at night using downloaded WX. I get the dreaded hard horizon line after sunset when using downloaded weather. Downloaded WX with a limited visibility via the FS9.CFG yields a nice gentle horizon transition during the daylight hours regardless of reported visibility. I realize that the reported WX may indeed be vis in excess of 40 or so miles for my current position but limiting the visibility via the FS9.CFG file as described throughout this and other forums seems to have no effect when utilizing downloaded WX at night. If I "User customize" WX with a limited vis and fly after dark all is well with a nice soft limited vis horizon.Also pagued by the commonly known menu flashing w/this card.Any ideas??Thanks!jlgregg

Guest k2kwr

Have you tried the latest ATI driver ver. 3.9 or the Omega driver. They reportedly eliminate or imporve many problems with the ATI Radeon 9xxx Video Cards.Happy Flyin' - Ken

Guest jlgregg

Ken..Thanks for the reply.I have installed the ATI 3.9 driver set. -- It did take care of the flickering menu issue. I'm not sure that the unlimited visibility problem might have more to do with forcing the maximum visibility setting in FS9. Changing the FS9.CFG setting for max visibility limit seem to have little or no effect. Perhaps I should register and install the FS9 version of FSIUPC and try to limit it that way?Thanks,