Sign in to follow this  
Guest WallyGator

Almost Impossible Take Off with FFX DC10 series

Guest Gringo

Could somebody help me in suggesting what could be done to the aircraft.cfg in order to allow this a/c to get unglued from the runway and take off.I have managed to take off from very long runways (10.000/11.000 feet) but with less than 50% TOW which is not very practical for long flights.BTW this is the FFX 2k2 model since no update to FS9 has come out yet.Could the Dynamics of the recently issued MD11 IFDG FS9 work in the DC10 ??Except for the take off behaviour the DC10 a/c behaves normally.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela [tr][td rowspan=1]Proud pilot of [link:www.flymeridian.com]Meridian Airline][/b

Guest Van

You may need more trim. Some aircraft require more trim then others for take off even at low weights.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

Guest WallyGator

It's my humble opinion that FFX makes the most outstanding renditions of the DC-10. I have found the best way to get this beast into the air is to take out some fuel, use a little more up trim, and she should soar like an eagle once the gear comes up, and you clean her up. Happy flying!