Sign in to follow this  

Picture of Fuel Storage at aitports!

HiI am starting a new project in 3D max to design some fuel storage islands/farms for a game. I have not got the slightest clue what these storage farms look like. All I know is that they have huge white cylindrical towers to store the fuel. I would like to know if anyone has some pictures of any fuel storage facility so that I can see what eles is there. Where the trucks fill up...any small hangar or building/office, is it surrounded by a fence? I have searched for any pictures but I cannot find any. Airliners.net search seems to not work today. I don't need a specific storage facility, just some that are a t big airports so I can have an idea of what to design.I appreciate your help.Take careMike

I'll look, but if you goto CYVR and drive along the road too the South Terminal, keep driving along the Canal where the Seaplanes are, and down near the end (well as far as you can go) look too your right, there is a JET A-1 Tank Farm there for the fuel trucks. :-)Best Regards Derek Beal :-wavehttp://www.x-plane.org/users/dbeal/header_logo_ru.jpgPROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D http://www.x-plane.org/users/dbeal/3dflags...om_russi2bl.gif http://www.x-plane.org/users/dbeal/canadaa.gif

OT,but you guys are both from Vancouver right?I'm just back from there and I must say it's the nicest city I've ever been too (and I have travelled to a lot of cities),such a great place.I took a floatplane to Victoria (west coast air) to do the whale watching:awesome,especially when we flew right over CYVR!you know,I noticed in the coal harbour there is some kind of gas station for those seaplanes right on the water in front of Stanley Park,are you also planning to make such a thing?I'm just so impressed by vancouver:not much traffic,very clean (especially in comparison with U.S cities)wanna live there,but it's soo far from here,Belgium.btw,Mikk,did you get a picture yet of the KLM 763ER?excellent spotting place you have there right before 26R,the plane spotters where almost standing on the runwaygreetingsSebastian

Hi SebastianYeah, Vancouver is a beautiful city and clean and friendly. Not too muchtraffic????? :-lol I don't know where you went but to me Vancouver is a constant traffic jam especialy downtown. I hate driving to Vancouver. THe smaller cities in the lower mainland here are also pretty full of traffic but only at certain times.The gas-station in the water,hmmm...I thought that it was for boats/ships not floatplanes, I don't know, You confused me..lolI am making the the fuel storage for an Airport Simulator so I don't know if there will be any floatplanes yet. As for the KLM, I did not have a chance to go down there that day. My mom is going to Romania next month and she will be taking KLM, I'll probably take pics then.Take careMike

Hi Mike call me on Yahoo sometime I might be able to help. Dan