Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Using FS2002 aircraft & panel in FS2004?

Guest kevinti

Guys,My question could had been raised long ago, but I wish to confirm whether th2 fs2k2 aircraft and panel can be used in fs2k4? And if it can be used, do kindly guide me if some changes tha need to be done to the fs2k2 aircraft & panel to make it work in fs2k4.Thank you in advance for your kind attention and help.

Guest RonB49

Most of what I've tried has worked. Anything that I have needed to change has been so minor that I don't remember it now. I say, "if it's freeware, try it." Payware is a different matter and for that you can post specific questions here or write to the publisher. R-

Pretty much what Ron said. It's free, give it a go. I've found that most freeware planes work in 2k4. Some have minor issues, but there's no broad modification that will solve the problems. Try your favorites, if you run into difficulties, post again. It might be interesting to get a post going regarding what planes people have been successful in using in 2k4 and what changes they've had to make.I can give you some general comments:1.) Substituting the FS2k4 GPS (or, now I use reality XPs GNS530 for fs2004) for any previous default or addon GPS in panel.cfg for old planes has solved almost every panel problem I've come across.2.) Adding FSsound.dll=1 to the oldmodules section of fs9.cfg eliminates that annoying warning message, while fssound.dll works just fine in 2k4.3.) Some FSDS designed plane models will display properly by adding a (model_name)=0 or (model_name)=1 line to the FrameCallNoWarn section of fs9.cfg - sorry I can't be more specific about that one. I have several models which required this, including Lavigne's Falcon50 CAEA, and I can't remember whether it was =1 or =0 that fixed the problem...specifically cockpit texturing and displaying landing gear.Good luck and let us know what works for you!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Douglas K

>3.) Some FSDS designed plane models will display properly by adding a (model_name)=0 or (model_name)=1 line to the FrameCallNoWarn section of fs9.cfg - sorry I can't be more specific about that one. I have several models which required this, including Lavigne's Falcon50 CAEA, and I can't remember whether it was =1 or =0 that fixed the problem...specifically cockpit texturing and displaying landing gearhttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...mID21/8758.html

In addition to the above, note that some panels and gauges that required FSUIPC in FS2002 may not function correctly in FS2004 unless either the panel/gauge designer(s) has had his work accredited for the new version of FSUIPC for FS2004; or you have registered and paid for the new version of FSUIPC for FS2004.Most stuff works, though. Even if you don't change the GPS entries, often the new one will come up by default.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

More specifically, VIRTUAL cockpit texturing. Considerably different.The VC texturing in the falcon50 is greatly affected by this parameter.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)