Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Grand Bovee's XPSpeed tool and FS performance

Hi,Does anyone have experience with Grand Bovee's (the author of Crashbak and SelectFx) new little tool XPSpeed.This tool is delivered with the latest versions of Crashbak and SelectFx. (Here in library: http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=38655)This tool is meant to enhance performance of OS and FS by managing background processes and prefetching? But it's a little bit unclear to me how and what and I see no difference, but may be others who have installed it will....http://library.avsim.net/zipshow.php?Downl...pe=image%2Fjpeg Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Flying.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

I'd be interested in hearing pro's or con's about this too. I've downloaded it, but I'm skeptical regarding any improvement...but HOPEFUL!sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest product

I know this is an older post, has anyone installed "XPSpeed" and seen positive results? Sounds intriguing... Best,Joel

Guest Grant Bovee

Grant Here.I created XpSpeed for myself, found that others could use it so i gave it away.XpSpeed has 2 main functions.1. Easily view/clean the 3 temp folders on a WinXp machine.2. Run the hidden WinXp defragmentation program that puts frequently used files together on a clean contiguous spot on the hard drive.I personally us it once a month for cleaning and defragging.I also use it every time I am faced with a slow client machine.It is common for the "prefetch files" as well as temp files to become corrupted.This is when WinXp crawls, So for a well maintained computer XpSpeed will make little difference.XpSpeed uses WinXp's built in defragger and Prefetcher system.During WinXp development the boot and program loading time was SLOW.So they made a "DLL" to preload exe's and wait to load all the services and exe