Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KrisThorsheim

Well I'll Give This a Shot!

Hey all,I just want to be brief as it's already kinda late/early in my area and I need to get up early tomorrow...For the past month I've spent developing a little "surprisemod" for the RFP with Project Opensky 747-200F model.For those of you, this is also my first post here. I've been around for a while, but really haven't decided to take part in the FS communities as I never felt welcome there.Until recently, I've found love with a several stuff in FS, I started also liking making small mods for FS. Mostly for personal use, however I feel I'm going to need permission from one of the staff at RFP Dev. Team.Namely, I've redone the RFP panel to a "near" copy of the mother file, however, I want to get my findings out with the avsim community. But reading the the License of the RFP, I feel I'm violating without ASKING the Team at hand. For those of you who have seen me on Youtube, yes it's me! (Especially you Johan, hehehe) So here I go, do I (and my Company) have permission to upload my panelmod to the owners of RFP/Freeware RFP? If not, why? If in doubt ask questions, as I will be posting underneath.Would be kinda of a waste, since I've used a lot of man hours over a near two months time on making this panel. If you say no, I might as well *sigh* and respect the decision made.Whatever happens,I will still develop it.And NO, this is a freeware/shareware product. I will NOT gain profit from the final outcome.Thanks in advance,KrisP.s.Here is an external pic. The lights position have been altered with. See if you can find anything NOT mentioned here. ;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This sounds great :) Do you have any pictures of the panel showing the modifications? :) Stå på! ;)Mvh Fredrik

God Formiddag,Yes Sir, I will post some more information regarding the panel/information on the project itself.Its nice to see at least somebody being curious about it. It's practically just a merge in general, however that merging the files "raw" will result in engine (control) failure.I will post pictures and the link in the next post and information about the project at hand underneath...ENJOY! :)*OpenskyRFP* Project v0.9.7 Final BETA Information:Project been in deveolpment for the past one and a half, or almost two months.Project has had issues and Eurekas during its Tests and Development.Project is still undergoing extensive testing and modifying.Project has mods that are NOT part of the POSKY.mdl and cfg files.3D Lights have been moved and re-elevated. Also textures have been updated.Panels have been unaliased and then realised/relocated.StabTrim updatedAll tests have been undergoed in 20% fuel and 2000 ~ lbs of payload as a control.However, flying and proceedures needs testing and will be done over a two week evaulation period.Here's the link to the Demo video:

I'm still struggling to find somebody to test it with me however, as I'm doing both Testing AND Developing.It is a work in progress, and I won't give up on it until I'm satisfied...If you're interested, send me a PM or reply underneath if you want to chat or talk business...Blue Skies,KrisP.s. Pictures to come once I'm at home...currently on break at school!

to bad that I am spoiled with my 3 monitor setup, couldnt use it.maybe good to give a list of alterations.also, you can change the background bitmaps also, I did it for my setup, used some photo's.http://www.youtube.com/user/JohanDees?feature=mhum