Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbofly

Radeon Video Card Users - What are your current settings?

Guest GiZBUG

Curious what 9700pro users use for your settings in FS2004?Like AA/AF , res, etc

Guest Jimbofly

I have a Radeon 9700 card and my settings for Direct3D are as follows:Drivers: Catalyst 3.8 (I find they perform better in-flight)Anti-Aliasing: 4XAnisotrophic Filtering: 4X - PerformanceTexture Preference: PerformanceMipmap Detail: PerformanceVertical Sync: Always onTruform: Application PreferenceI run FS2004 at 1280 x 1024 with everything maxed out except for 3D cloud density with is at minimum. Generally the sim runs fine locked at 25fps but in some larger cities it drops to around 18fps.I have a P4 2.2 GHz with 512Mb of 266 DDR Ram, an 80GB WD Caviar HDD, and an Intel 865PERL motherboard.Hope this helps!James

I've got a Radeon 9700 Pro All-in-Wonder. Here are my settings:Drivers: Catalyst 3.9Anti-Aliasing: 4XAnisotrophic Filtering: 4X - PerformanceTexture Preference: QualityMipmap Detail: QualityVertical Sync: Always onTruform: Application PreferenceI get consistently around 20 fps unless I'm in densely populated areas with a lot of AI traffic. I run my traffic (both GA and Airline) at 100% using the Ultimate Traffic add-on AI and flight plans, and it runs very smoothly most of the time. I get some stutters now and again, but usually when I forget and leave some other app running that takes up CPU cycles. All in all, I'm pretty happy with this setup.

Guest panda234

I notice that 2 of you have Vertical Synch Always On. Why is that? Just curious...billg

In all honesty I don't know. I've tried it always off, always on and application preference. Never saw any difference from any of these. Perhaps someone could elaborate as to what this particular feature does.thanks,

Guest GE_90

I have a Radeon 9700 (non-pro). Drivers: Omega 3.9Anti-Aliasing: 4XAnisotrophic Filtering: 16X PerformanceTexture Preference: High QualityMipmap Detail: High QualityVertical Sync: Always onTruform: Application PreferenceResolution: 1280X1024 32-bit colourMy computer is 3.06GHz with 512MB RDRAM. Vertical sync helps to limit your frame rate to prevent screen 'tearing', so it's good to keep it at 'always on'.Regards,Russell J.

Guest panda234

thx Russell. I just noticed that my monitor was running at 60hz. Screen res is 1280x1024. I changed it to 85hz, which the monitor supports, and things seem to run a lot better. Does that make sense?billg

Guest MHawk

9700 Pro:3.9'sAA=4X AF=16XVSYNCH=ONVPU Recover=OFFQuality settingsIn FS9:1280x1024x32 resAutogen at Very DenseTerrain Mesh at 70Clouds at 60/40/100/maximumFPS locked at 35 Greg G3200 Athlon XPEPOX NForce 2 board1GB DDROn-Board soundRadeon 9700 ProWin XP Home19" Envision

billg, I'm not sure why the sim would run better with higher refresh rates, but I've noticed that too, so it's not your imagination!

Guest danowat

The reason you would see an increase is due to Vsync, this basically makes your framerates no faster than your refresh rate, so 65hz would be a maximum of 65 fps, 85hz a maximum of 85 fps.I always have Vsync off.Dan.