Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bluebird37

Install didn't work

Guest Bluebird37

Hi Just brought the product last night installed it but it will not work. Checked the Panel Cfg and there are nothing in there to do with fs2 crew. So i did a uninstall and then did a reinstall and still nothing. anyone got any ideas what i am doing worng please?? yes i did read the manual.Thank youTodd

Hi Just brought the product last night installed it but it will not work. Checked the Panel Cfg and there are nothing in there to do with fs2 crew. So i did a uninstall and then did a reinstall and still nothing. anyone got any ideas what i am doing worng please?? yes i did read the manual.Thank youTodd
Hi Todd,Turn off UAC if using Vista/Win 7.That's probably it.Google 'turn off UAC' to see how to turn off UAC.UAC can prevent programs from writing to the Program Files folder.When done, load the PMDG Config Manager again and click "SAVE CONFIGURATION".The panel.cfg files should then get updated.Best,

Guest Bluebird37

Hi Bryanthanks for geeting back to me :) I'm using xp every other program i install works fine just not this one hmmm.Thank youTodd

Hi Bryanthanks for geeting back to me :) I'm using xp every other program i install works fine just not this one hmmm.Thank youTodd
Hi Todd,Did the FS2Crew installer auto-detect the location of FSX?Please run the FS2Crew installer again, and let me know if the installer automatically detects where FSX is.If it doesn't auto detect it, then we know you have an easy to fix registry problem, which can be fixed using this free tool from Flight1:http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exeBest,

Guest Bluebird37

Hi BryanYes it did find where fsx was. but still no luck is there away i can do a manual install??Thank youTodd

Hi BryanYes it did find where fsx was. but still no luck is there away i can do a manual install??Thank youTodd
Did you run the PMDG J41 Config Manager (not the FS2Crew one) and click "SAVE CONFIGURATION"?If everything installed fine, and it sounds like it did (or at least should have), and there's no FS2Crew entries on your J41 panel.cfg files, it suggest that the step above may not have been followed.Failing that, email me, and I'll get you running via a Remote Desktop.Cheers,

Guest Bluebird37

Hi BryanI went through everything again. and yes it all works. must of had a blonde moment :) Thanks for the help. have a great weekend.Thank youTodd

I can not get J41 to install and can not run the configuration Manager it keeps telling me that PMDG J41 file not found .

Thanks

I have the same problem as above, I can't find the Config manager just the FS2crew one!

You need to own the PMDG J41 aircraft.

Remember FS2Crew does not include the aircraft.

FS2Crew is an expansion pack for the J41.