Sign in to follow this  
KevinAu

AI disappear after 5mins.... any solution?

Is there any solution? AI is waiting for takeoff, 2 aircrafts are on final.. and after 4-5mins AI disappear.. I hate it.. Why did MS changed it.. 10min would be fine but 5???? ehhh..Jacek

No solution. People complained to MS that the 15 min expiration of stopped traffic in fs02 was locking up traffic at airports because it was too long. So MS made the expiration 5 min in fs04. Who says MS doesn't listen? Be careful of what you wish for.

Should have made it a fs.cfg variable, so people can configure it how they like it... :) Now, AI aircraft won't even wait for 2 back-to-back ai landings....Was looking forward to getting Ultimate Traffic just for the reality of waiting in long lineups at busy airports (when I got a pc capable of running it at a reasonable traffic density :)), but it appears the longest I'll ever wait is about 5 minutes because the 15 planes waiting in front of me will just disappear......I'd make a hopeful comment about a certain file release, but I don't want to turn this into a "release a patch" thread... :D

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

ehh.. so now there's no way to create realistic traffic. Today morning, I fly KJFK-EGLL, I was waiting for takeoff, AF747 was waiting too.. 5mins, he's gone... :-8 :-mad :-fume Jacek

I just finished sending them an email to make the timeout a fs9.cfg variable, along with the taxi speed, in case the rumours of a patch is true... So, if there's a FS2004, let's hope these settings become configurable... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest OneTinSoldier

Good idea! Failing a patch for FS2004, hopefully they'd make this configurable for FS2006.Jim