Sign in to follow this  
Guest ozric

Lonny Payne 757 Panel keeps crashing FS9 - Need Help

Guest ozric

I have installed Lonny Payne's 757 Panel. I have installed all the files and updates in order including the fs20004 update. I started with V1.0, then Update 1.1, 1.2 Gauge update 1 & 2, then the 2004 update. I can load the aircraft that I have assigned the panel to, but as soon as I try to bring up the panel I get a black display and FS9 crashes, stating that there was a fatal error and znewpfd.gau was involved. I have tried everything and I still can not get this panel to work. Any Help would be appreciated.

Guest akirabbq

Are you trying to load a saved flight? The panel will crash FS9 if the 4 windows are not visible before saving a flight. The 4 windows are the top 4 icons on the panel. (overhead, fmc, throttle and sim failure).Try to switch to other aircrafts first and switch it back. Before saving a flight make sure those 4 windows are visible first.

Guest LonzoTWA

Hi,As stated in the readme file, you have to load the aircraft from the 2D panel mode. You cannot load the aircraft from any outside mode and then bring the panel up. Let me know if you still have problems.Lonny

Guest ozric

Thanks for the reply Lonny,I have tried what you said, I start the sim in cockpit mode, then load the 757 aircraft. If I press Shift-2 to bring up the panel, most of the screen goes black and then FS9 crashes stating a fatal error with znewpfd.gau I am not sure what to do at this point.

Guest LonzoTWA

Hi,You must load the aircraft in the 2D panel mode. If you are having to press a key to bring it up, then you are not loading the aircraft in the 2D mode.Lonny

Guest Jard

I'm having the same problem... exact same crash and error message regarding the same gauge.I've tried everything, but as soon as it loads the aircraft it all goes black and FS9 crashes.

Guest Jard

Any developments on this one ? I can seem to get it working no matter what I do. I've started all kind on flights in 2D cockpit mode and out, changed airplane in a fully loaded flight. As soon as I choose the 757 with LP's panel it locks up FS and it shows the dreaded "send error report".

Guest LonzoTWA

You might look and make sure all gauges made it to the gauges folder. If you are missing a gauge this kind of error might happen. You might try installing to a temp directory and then copy the gauges yourself. You can also try the POSKY update as it has all the update files included. Lonny