Sign in to follow this  
SAS263

What other games/simulators do we all play??

Guest SoarPics

There are other sims????Cool!:-lol

Guest daves0

>I've been using NoLimits coaster sim for a while. Never >released in retail stores, it's only available for web >purchase and download. There's been great support for it, >several free patches and updates, and a rather large user >community. I've been a big coaster fan for almost 30 years >now, and as I've grown older, I don't get the chance to ride >'em as much. No Limits is the best substitute I've >seen..... :) >>-John Hi John...I love the coasters myself...Have you been to Cedar Point in Ohio????I've been, but haven't recently to ride that 300+ high screamer...soon, except I hurt my back about 2 months ago...its still a bit sore, but hoping next year for sure.I'll have to look for ther NoLimits sim...There are a couple of others out as well for coasters

Guest daves0

I'm a gamer at heart, but have slowed down a bit recently.Strategy games are great--Civilization probably my all time fav--Civ3 now is real nice.Tons of flight sims..I suck at all of them, but I crash with style.Wargames for a long time...I have probably 30 or 40 computer wargames.Some RTS...although those clickfests are not for me...but Starcraft is a blast. Also, Age of Empires 2...oh...SHOGUN...very nice game.Car RACING !!!! Rally is what I'm doing now...and of course the Nascar series. Started out with Indy500 by Papyrus--whenever that came out...quite a few years ago...hooked on that ever since...

Guest JonP01

Combat Flight Simulator 2, Combat Flight Simulator 3 (when it comes out), Rally Trophy, Grand Prix Legend and, dare I add, Quake III. In defence of the latter, it *is* a good way to unwind after a hard day.

Guest Scott Campbell

When I had the time I played:- Jane's F-15- Apache- Nascar- Sims (but then I wrote a program to give me unlimited cash so it is a fun thing)- some strategic games- Monopoly (I am an addict and own several collector's sets)Now with real life and RC breaking and ACLoader writing I barely have enough time to scratch myself. And "Survivor" will be on in a couple weeks.BTW - shouldn't this be in the Hangar Chat forum? :-lol

Solitaire during my lunch hour.:-hah

FS2002 and 98, IL-2 and sometimes Aquanox if I wanna see some nice graphics ;-)!

Guest Paul_W

Currently I fly no sims and play no games, but I'm very much looking forward to the release of CFS3 and LOMAC in the coming months and to taking to the air again with the new realism that they introduce.Recently my wife and I stayed in a vacation cottage on the Northern California coast for a couple of days. There was a little chess set there, so we played a game, and I discovered my wife was pretty good. Then I started thinking about artificial intelligence and chess software, and thought it would be great to play against a "Grandmaster" right here on my own computer. So I started looking around, and discovered that Ubisoft publishes the Chessmaster series of programs, and that a brand new version designed for Windows XP--Chessmaster 9000--was due to be published in September. Well I just checked and apparently it's available now...along with the first patch! So I'll be reacquainting myself with the game of chess soon via some of the latest and greatest software. Here's the link if you'd like to know more:http://www.chessmaster.com/

FS2002. I was trying to explain to a friend the other day that I dont play games on my computer, I just fly. I guess some see this is a game but I never have thought of it that way. Oh yeah, I just ordered X-Plane since I have been/will be traveling the next couple of months. I have a Mac Titanium Laptop and Im not sure i will make it much longer without flying.-------------Michael

>BTW - shouldn't this be in the Hangar Chat forum? :-lol Yes it should !! Don't start this again !! ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I have the following :):-Airline Simulator 2 (AS2): This sim has a fantastic flight physics model, even though the graphics are outdated. I've noticed the absence of complaints, regarding the MSFS ground handling physics. AS2 has sophisticated calculations going on, in the air and on the ground, and I use it for "pure" flight physics practice. FS2002 is still the best all-round flight sim, but it comes a close second to AS2 in the flight physics complexity and accuracy. Try this test: apply full rudder in a jet in FS2002, and chances are the plane will yaw moderately... that's all. Try full rudder in AS2, and you will end up heading for the ground very quickly, as in real life :-eek I look forward to AS3 :)Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4: Superb graphics are capable on even the slowest PCs. If you like F1, then you must get this sim. The car physics are very good.FS98 has been put away, as FS2002 doesn't have any big deficiencies, unlike FS2000: the saviour of FS98! :-lolDarren Boonwww.airpuertorico.netwww.bavirtual.co.uk

None really. When I am not simming, I fly for real or playing ice hockey. I see Microsoft FS as a simulator, not a game. I have never really been into video games.DAVID C. FREEMANCONTINENTAL VIRTUAL AIRLINESHouston

Guest JonP01

Paul,You might also want to look at www.chessbase.com They have quite a selection of quality chess engines there and the stadard common user interface is excellent as well. Chessmaster tends to have quite a lot of "gimmicky" features (not taking anything away from it), whereas the chessbase stuff is more "serious" in it's approach.

hiWhen not using fs2002, I Like nothing better than racing around in GPL.GPL is to my eyes a unique experience, Once you get "into the groove" with it, the feeling of achievment is amazing and very very addictive. Still leader of the pack.cheersJohn

Apar from flight simulators (both civilian and military ones) I play:MorrowindDungeon SiegeGTA3Serious Sam, Alien vs Predator, Unreal Tournament, RTCW, MOH:AA and a some more first person shooters.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP