Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Radar on Erics F-16 Panel

Guest RWade

I have downloaded Kirk Olsen's Viper and Eric Marciano's F-16 panel. Both are beautiful, thanks guys.I don't see any aircraft on the radar. I have the freeware FSUIPC version 3.11. Do I need the payware version to be able to see the aircraft on the radar?Rich

Guest Bambi

Hey Rich,Yes, you'll need the registered (payware) version in order to get the radar to work. I had the same thinking but after installing the freeware version and not seeing any aircraft on the radar, I registered it, got the serial number, and then registered it within FS2004. Restarted FS2004, fired up a flight in the F-16 and had dozens of radar contacts on the screen.For my part, registering FSUIPC was money well spent as I've spent many nights doing intercepts. If you haven't got Project AI aircraft installed, then I'd recommend it as it adds tons of AI traffic in FS2004 and it's freeware.If running intercepts is your cup of tea, you won't be disappointed in the money spent to register FSUIPC and get the radar up in the F-16!Hope this helps.Best,Otis

RichEric has accreditation from Peter Dowson for his radar gauge for FS2004 but he has not updated it as yet owing to time constraints. Peter gives full FSUIPC functionality to certain bona fide freeware developers upon application.This means that:1. As Otis says, if you have a registered version of PSUIPC for FS2004 it will work now.2. If you do not, or do not wish to register FSUIPC, you just need to be patient. When Eric releases the updated gauge presently, it will work with the freeware version of FSUIPC for FS2004.I will be updating our BAe Hawk packages (Red Arrows, Black Seahawks, Saudi Hawks) and the singles that use this gauge when Eric releases it.Meanwhile, the gauge spins around, changes range, etc. etc. .... but no aircraft can be seen. You'll just have to look out of the window!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest misterspock

NO! You just need to run a older version of FSUIPC, e.g.2.8.1. as I do. Had the same problem, so I fixed it.

In which sim, Spock? That is the case in FS2002, sure, but I think our poster is talking about FS2004. If he installs a pre-FS2004 version of FSUIPC in FS2004 (the last for FS2002 was 2.9.75), he will have problems with other things that require the FS2004-compatible FSUIPC.There is certainly no point at all installing a newer version than 2.9.75 in FS2002. All add-ons for FS2002 that require FSUIPC (such as the radar gauge) work with this.So, YES!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest RWade

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll be registering my FSUIPC, guess it couldn't hurt to get the other functions that come with it as well.

Hi,I have FSUIPC 3.1.0.0 , in FS9, not registered, and a complete normal functioning radar gauge!?!Jan"Procul Negotiis"

It works, sure, but can you see any aircraft? If you can, then you're doing something we're not and we need to know! And we'll have to let Eric Marciano know because he can't see any aircraft either and it's his gauge!!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Mark,I cannot see any difference in function of the gauge between fs2002 and fs9.A lot of aircraft on screen and, by clicking on them, their speed and altitude.Also can see them outside.Though not a fighter jock, i sometimes try a pursuit in my 767-300 and am able then to locate them.I can compare the visible "spots" with those shown on the VSI/TCAS gauge of Lee Hetherington and they are the same.May be this freeware gauge, registered with code in FSUIPC, makes the Marciano gauge operable??????Concerning tweaks?, i did nothing further... Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Well I've tested your theory now and it doesn't work for me, regrettably. I put Lee's gauge in my GAUGES folder, thinking maybe the accreditation code was the same or something, but I'm still seeing no AI aircraft on Eric Marciano's gauge.Sure you did nothing else, Jan? Very strange ... I'm dying to know why it works for you.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Short follow up:1. With the new FSUIPC 3.1.2 still NO problems!2. ILH_TCAS.gau on the panel?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest RWade

No go here, I haven't sprung for the registered version of FSUIPC yet. I kind of wanted to see what Eric had to say first.