Sign in to follow this  
Guest tunka

30.82 and FS9

Guest tunka

I readed that the 30.82 drivers are the best for GeForce 4 Ti4200 128 MB, i want pls to share with me (people with the this drivers) the configuration of display settings and the configuration of the RivaTunner to get the most of these drivers.Best RegardsMy System:P4 2.2 Ghz512 MB RAMGeForce 4 Ti4200 128 MBMaxtor 80 GB 7200 RPMSyncMaster 750ST 17"TUNKA

I ran the 30.82 drivers at 1280x960x32 resolution, with Antialiasing unchecked in FS and forced to 2X in Rivatuner. Also set Anisotropic filtering to 4X in Rivatuner.This works very well... but I would recommend moving to the latest nvidia 52.16 drivers from www.nvidia.com. Better looking graphics IMHO and same framerates, or at least awfully close..Use the same settings as above, but no need for Rivatuner, since you can set the settings directly in the nvidia display properties(!)The only reported problem is scrolling on the Kneeboard.. but that can be worked around by going to windowed mode for the duration and back to full screen after..

Bert

Guest PaulL01

>I readed that the 30.82 drivers are the best for GeForce 4>Ti4200 128 MB, i want pls to share with me (people with the>this drivers) the configuration of display settings and the>configuration of the RivaTunner to get the most of these>drivers.>>Best Regards>>My System:>>P4 2.2 Ghz>512 MB RAM>GeForce 4 Ti4200 128 MB>Maxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM>SyncMaster 750ST 17">>>TUNKAThe latest 52.16 are NOT good IQ drivers for FS8/9 or most any DX game and it is a well known fact and that goes for both GF4TI as well as FX56-5950 cards, however Nvidia has now patched LOD-bias and though not yet available in the standard driver menue you can use negative-LOD by just using the latest build of Rvtuner and adjusting it there, no need to run the patch script. :) MAX IQ with those drivers can be found with these settings for your GF4TI: 8xAA (yep) 8xAF and -0.5 LOD.However if you want the best IQ look no further than the 43.45s. Anything newer and IQ goes down.Settings to use with 43.45s: 4xsAA 8xAF and -0.3 LOD

Sorry Paul, but these suggested settings are extreme settings for an extreme high-end system..I'd suggest that the configuration that is being discussed here would fare a lot better with the 52.16s, 2XAA and 4XAF.. that is, if performance is taken into consideration along with "good" visuals :-)

Bert

Guest PaulL01

>Sorry Paul, but these suggested settings are extreme settings>for an extreme high-end system..No need to be "sorry" Bert, but thanks for pointing that out.>>I'd suggest that the configuration that is being discussed>here would fare a lot better with the 52.16s, 2XAA and 4XAF..>that is, if performance is taken into consideration along with>"good" visuals :-)Considering what you stated concerning the 52.16s "Better looking graphics IMHO and same framerates, or at least awfully close.."This is quite the reverse as filtering has been degraded and subsequently the frames go up...these drivers are very much a substandard IQ driver and for us to say that these are then "good" performance drivers would only be fooling ourselves.Just take the 43.45s and set the driver menu "image quality" setting a notch down and cut trilinear and you can approximate these new drivers (there is more to it than that of course), if you notice...choosing higher AA settings your Alpha textures seem to still be stuck at 2xAA adding to shimmers and there is more but I havent the time right now.However "good" also has much to do with compatability so for those with FX56-5950 cards it could be said that these are "good" drivers.

I'm willing to accept that the 43.45s have improved graphics.. unfortunately, for those of us that like the 2XAA setting, FS9 only works with the 30.82 or 52.16 drivers.. everything in between causes menu problems.So, it is 30.82+Rivatuner or 52.16s.. for now, at least.

Bert

Guest tunka

Well,I installed 52.16 = shimmering 2xaa 4xafI installed 45.23 = shimmering 2xaa 4xaf -0.3 LOD (rivatunner) same as 30.82I installed starstorm 52.13 2xaa 4xaf no shimmering cool IQ same fps.Comments plsTUNKA

Sounds like you are making headway! Good!Re shimmering, make sure you do not exceed 4 for the Mipmapping setting in FS9. Also select trilinear.

Bert

Guest PaulL01

>I'm willing to accept that the 43.45s have improved>graphics.. unfortunately, for those of us that like the 2XAA>setting, FS9 only works with the 30.82 or 52.16 drivers..>everything in between causes menu problems.>>So, it is 30.82+Rivatuner or 52.16s.. for now, at least.>>I'm not sure what you describe here, as the only menu problems with any version

Hi Paul..There have been long threads about this, but if you use 4XAA or higher, it does not affect you.The net of it is, if you access the "Select Aircraft" menu in FS9 with 2XAA enabled and 4X.XX detonators, you get a black screen with a spinning aircraft.I was happily using the 43.45 drivers with FS2002 and was hit by this problem when going to FS9.For a while, going back to the 30.82 drivers was the only solution, but now the 52.16s are out, this problem has been fixed.

Bert

Guest tunka

Yes Sir... but all depends on which plane and which weather we make our testings, all default panels have a good fps but 3rd party panels drop fps :( (737-PMDG), so we will never get the best configuration for the best fps just for the plane we want to fly :) i only want 15-18 fps stable fps, so by the moment i will stay with the starstorm 53.16 driversRegardsTUNKA