Sign in to follow this  
alcav55

FSX CRASHES WHEN USING MENUS

Hi all,I am using fsx with added "Radar contact","It's your Plane", and "Active Sky".generally all seems to work ok until I try to access the menu bars to get different views etc.then it crashes with a "fatal error" and a re-start .Any ideas anyone?regards Alan3gh processor2gb ramnividea 8800 512mb g/card

Uninstall those products one at a time and see if the problem is solved. Otherwise install them one at a time and see if one of them causes the problem.

Before doing all that uninstalling stuff you may want to check this out and determine if it is related.uiautomationcore.dll. Goggle it in relation to FSX.
Yup. That's where you need to start. It should fix the problem.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Before doing all that uninstalling stuff you may want to check this out and determine if it is related.uiautomationcore.dll. Goggle it in relation to FSX.
You are all talking about this mysterious uiautomationcore.dll. I never had such a problem, but it seems to be a often emergent issue.

McCrash has it right. First copy/rename your fsx.cfg for safe-keeping, then delete the original fsx.cfg, then restart the sim and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it then, as McCrash says - uninstall the apps one at a time until it is either fixed or not. If not - move all of your fsx user files - your saved flights, the fsx.cfg, your logbook to a safe place. Uninstall SP1 & 2 then get your CD/DVD out and do a repair - it won't damage anything. Once it's completed - start the sim, open a flight, then close it, shut the sim down and reboot your pc, then install SP1 followed by SP2. At this time it should be fixed.Oh, yeah - make sure your UAC is turned off.FYI: UIAtomationCore.dll only causes an fsx freeze OR a black screen on flights of fifteen minutes or over. There are no other symptoms. Also it is specific to Windows 7.BUT... just in case, and you are running Win7..Check if you have this file in the root folder of the flight sim:- UIAutomationCore.dll If it's there - right-click on it and check that the version is 6.0.5840.16386 OR 6.0.6001.18000. If it's not there - or if the version is different - go here, download it and put it into the root folder of FSX. DON'T put it anywhere else!Vista UIAutomationCore.dll:-http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w -- OR --http://www.corruptedfilerepair.com/File-Information/UIAutomationCore.dll-Microsoft-Windows-Operating-System-Microsoft-Corporation.aspversion 6.0.6001.18000 (this is the one that has not ever failed on my rig)OR:http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.htmlversion 6.0.5840.16386 (I used this for a few months but did have a couple of hangs.)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You know what's weird? Simply replacing the UIAutomationCore.dll from the system32 didn't solve the problem. Only when I placed the file in the FSX folder did it stop hanging. Can anyone explain this? Strange...

Not weird, Hirgab: FSX will use the first UIAutomationcore.dll it comes across, and that may not have been the one in system32. I counted twelve in my system a minute ago. That's why it needs to go in the FSX root.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Many thanks guys for all your help,I will try out your suggested remedies over the next few days.I have a feeling it may be "ITS YOUR PLANE "that is causing it.Regards.............Alan

FYI: UIAtomationCore.dll only causes an fsx freeze OR a black screen on flights of fifteen minutes or over.
Just a little addendum on this part:It doesn't happen after 15min. I can force it by clicking right mouse button menu many times, doesn't even matter if windowed or full screen, if I don't replace the UIAutomationCore, it WILL crash even after 30seconds of clicking... it's a 100% reliable and replicable test here. With older UIA.C. it does not crash. And yes, it has to be in FSX folder, I also have many on my system.

Hi all,".... ok until I try to access the menu bars to get different views etc.then it crashes with a "fatal error" and a re-start .regards Alan3gh processor2gb ramnividea 8800 512mb g/card
Hi ALan - I have the same problem but mine is definitely due to a known problem with some models of Nvidia cards (mine is a Gforce 6800gs). It only happens in full screen mode. Question - do have this problem in both fullscreen and windowed modes? When did the problem start? Did it happen just after you installed a new addon or made a change of some sort?Howard

McCrash has it right. First copy/rename your fsx.cfg for safe-keeping, then delete the original fsx.cfg, then restart the sim and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it then, as McCrash says - uninstall the apps one at a time until it is either fixed or not. If not - move all of your fsx user files - your saved flights, the fsx.cfg, your logbook to a safe place. Uninstall SP1 & 2 then get your CD/DVD out and do a repair - it won't damage anything. Once it's completed - start the sim, open a flight, then close it, shut the sim down and reboot your pc, then install SP1 followed by SP2. At this time it should be fixed.Oh, yeah - make sure your UAC is turned off.FYI: UIAtomationCore.dll only causes an fsx freeze OR a black screen on flights of fifteen minutes or over. There are no other symptoms. Also it is specific to Windows 7.BUT... just in case, and you are running Win7..Check if you have this file in the root folder of the flight sim:- UIAutomationCore.dll If it's there - right-click on it and check that the version is 6.0.5840.16386 OR 6.0.6001.18000. If it's not there - or if the version is different - go here, download it and put it into the root folder of FSX. DON'T put it anywhere else!Vista UIAutomationCore.dll:-http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w -- OR --http://www.corrupted...Corporation.aspversion 6.0.6001.18000 (this is the one that has not ever failed on my rig)OR:http://www.search-dl...oncore.dll.htmlversion 6.0.5840.16386 (I used this for a few months but did have a couple of hangs.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Paul...I am so GRATEFUL...that you decided to respond to the O.P. with your post! I am so stunned by this...your UIAutomationCore.dll version (version 6.0.6001.18000) was THE ANSWER to all my issues!!! I had of course the freeze-up in animation, dropping to desktop with some Menu calls, and I did have a version of UIAutomationCore.dll other than yours in my root FSX folder. Since overwriting my version with this one in the root FSX folder, I have been flying for HOURS, with accessing all and any menus of my choosing, with no in-flight animation freeze-ups WHATSOEVER! I have called saved flights; different planes and switching out in flight, different scenery packs including FTX etc...and not one CTD, nor animation freeze using the 6.0.6001.18000 version. I can't believe the MONTHS of frustration in trying to source out and figure out what the h*ll was causing the FSX freeze ups and CTD's. I have never been able to do what I have for the past 3 solid in-flight hours and scenarios within FSX. Never....without a freeze-up or CTD somewhere down the line.....So...if anybody else is having any of the issues I post here....download from the aforementioned site for this version...and replace whatever UIAutomationCore.dll version you have with 6.0.6001.18000 and all your freeze-up's and CTD's should totally disapear. I am so frustraed by this...WEEKS of tracking down RED HERRINGS only to find it was one .dll version causing me such angst!The version that I had that was giving me CTD's and freeze-up was: 6.0.5840.16386Thanks again Paul for posting this. It should be a UIAutomationCore.dll 'Sticky'.!!!Mitch

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Paul...I am so GRATEFUL...that you decided to respond to the O.P. with your post! I am so stunned by this...your UIAutomationCore.dll version (version 6.0.6001.18000) was THE ANSWER to all my issues!!! I had of course the freeze-up in animation, dropping to desktop with some Menu calls, and I did have a version of UIAutomationCore.dll other than yours in my root FSX folder. Since overwriting my version with this one in the root FSX folder, I have been flying for HOURS, with accessing all and any menus of my choosing, with no in-flight animation freeze-ups WHATSOEVER! I have called saved flights; different planes and switching out in flight, different scenery packs including FTX etc...and not one CTD, nor animation freeze using the 6.0.6001.18000 version. I can't believe the MONTHS of frustration in trying to source out and figure out what the h*ll was causing the FSX freeze ups and CTD's. I have never been able to do what I have for the past 3 solid in-flight hours and scenarios within FSX. Never....without a freeze-up or CTD somewhere down the line.....So...if anybody else is having any of the issues I post here....download from the aforementioned site for this version...and replace whatever UIAutomationCore.dll version you have with 6.0.6001.18000 and all your freeze-up's and CTD's should totally disapear. I am so frustraed by this...WEEKS of tracking down RED HERRINGS only to find it was one .dll version causing me such angst!Thanks again Paul for posting this. It should be a UIAutomationCore.dll 'Sticky'.!!!Mitch
Mitch, I always gotta admire your highly excited posts LOL.gif I imagine your writing that and majorly hyperventilating!!

Mitch, I always gotta admire your highly excited posts LOL.gif I imagine your writing that and majorly hyperventilating!!
Word Not Allowed...OH GAWD, Yeah! Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You just can't appreciate enough my have having flown for 3 hours with not one TWITCH coming from FSX.....not one!(Mitch is doing the Whoopah Dance and thrusting a cold beer into Paul's hand.... on the third pass around....)Word Not Allowed....if you could see the HUMONGOUS SMILE on my chops right now....for FSX is FIXED! FIXED!Back to the paused 'new and improved' FSX.... :))))))))Mitch'er

Word Not Allowed...OH GAWD, Yeah! Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You just can't appreciate enough my have having flown for 3 hours with not one TWITCH coming from FSX.....not one!(Mitch is doing the Whoopah Dance and thrusting a cold beer into Paul's hand.... on the third pass around....)Word Not Allowed....if you could see the HUMONGOUS SMILE on my chops right now....for FSX is FIXED! FIXED!Back to the paused 'new and improved' FSX.... :))))))))Mitch'er
Look at him... awesome... :(

Look at him... awesome... :(
Yes, our Mitch is fantastic!Sorry, is fantastic!! :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.