Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Interested in this Airport/Facility data...

Guest abent

I downloaded one of these files and would like to install it. I picked up a copy of AFinstaller. My reading led me to believe that I just had to drag the ".txt" file onto the AFinstaller icon. The thing is is that the file contained in the zip was a .bgl, not a .txt. Also, when I first start AFinstaller, it asks me to "Please locate the flight simulator folder". Should I interpret this as the main FS2004 folder or should I browse to a specific sub folder.Oh yeah, and does anyone know if ProjectAI packages will take advantage of more operable runways/taxiways?Thanks in advance, Adam

Adam,AFinstaller worked with only with AFCAD for FS2002. To use the file you downloaded, simply put it here:x:your main FS2004 folderAddon ScenerysceneryIt should be a .bgl file, that is correct. With FS2004 things are a bit different. For the end user, it's easy enough, just drop the bgl's into the above folder and go fly. :)If you wish to play with AFCAD, you need to download AFCAD 2 which works with FS2004. File name: afcad204.zipProject AI packages alone won't make use of more runways. There's an interesting discussion going on at their forums regarding the use of multiple runways and how to make it all work.Regards,Jurehttp://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Guest abent

Jure, Thanks a lot. That's good news indeed. I assume I would have to activate the scenery in the Add-on scenery library (from the setting dialog in the main COF screen) as usual.Cheers, Adam

Guest CargoMun

There should be an "Addon Scenery" folder already activated in the list so all bgl's dropped into that folder will automatically be activated (and FS update its database when restarting it).Just be sure that one scenery folder is activated you should be fine, no need for seperate folders for each AFCAD airport :)