Sign in to follow this  
Guest PAtom

LXGB Gibraltar scenery: NEED HELP! (pics)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends.I installed (FS2004)SimWings Gibraltar 2004 and have a problem.I also disabled all other addon mesh but nothing seems to change.Anyone of you has the same problem?Is there a SimWings forum?Thanks in advanceLuigi ;-)Normal (how it should be)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47850.jpgOn my pc (only half mountain, the "sea road" and some flying objects) :-(http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47851.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47852.jpg

Guest danowat

Hi,Do you have LAGO's terramesh for spain installed?, there are some issues with this mesh and the gibraltar mesh, as far is I know there has not been a fix yet, just disable either mesh.Dan.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Dan,i have my mesh files grouped in one single folder which has been disabled as a test (i do not have LAGO Spain terramesh).I also disabled FS9 addon scenery folder but nothing happened :-(ThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest danowat

Hi,Well, not sure why thats happening to you, I have Gibraltar installed on my system and I have none of what you describe, sorry.The manual states that you can have problems if you have a "minumim install" of FS2004, do you have a full FS2004 install or a minimal one?.The only other thing I can say is uninstall and reinstall Gibraltar, see if that helps.Dan.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Dan,full installation here, as usual...I really do not know what to think; after all mesh+landclass stuff disabled, problem remains.It's a very strange thing...Luigi ;-)

There is a small patch on the simwings site for Gibraltar. I wonder if that would help.Do you know how to get rid of the lone static aircraft in the Gibraltar scenery?Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Lee,1) GIBRALTAR: COASTLINE PATCH (ONLY FS2002 !!!!!!!!!)2) GIBRALTAR: FLATTEN PATCH FS2004(FS2002?)It doesn't help :-(At their site can only find patch for removing statics at other apt's but not at LXGB.But try renaming gib_static.bgl into gib_static.bak; it should workThanksLuigi ;-)

Guest PAtom

looks like the .bgl file itself is corrupt. did you download the package? sometimes zip-packed mesh files become a little bit weird since zip isnt 100% reliable. if possible, try to download the pack again with disabled "internet-proxy" in between.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Unfortunately the boys down there do not allow downloading their files for long time; i bought the scenery a month ago or so :-( maybe i should try and see if it's still available. I have already emailed SimWings and i'm waiting for an answer.Thanks a lot for suggestionLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi,do you think there is a way to check if my .bgl's are corrupted?Just checked my order n

Guest PAtom

yes. theres a tool named tmfview (or tfmview? dont remember). you find it in the fs2002 sdks or here at avsim in the download file for srtm_to_bgl. with that tool you can take a look into bgl files.

Guest wathomas777

I can tell by your screen shots you loaded FSgenesis Spanish Mesh. That is EXACTLY what mine looks like when the FSGenesis 72m mesh is used. The file that is still active is dem76m_eu_esportw.bgl.If you used the defaults for your installation, look in the following folders and see if it is there.(Fs2004 directory)/Scenery/world/sceneryI'm not sure of the FS2002 directory, its something like /scenedb/world/scenery.Do a search, of the file name and you should find it.Then go ahead and rename the file something like dem76m_eu_esportw.bgl.org or anything to change the extension, and it will deactivate it.I left a message of FSgenesis website to see if there is a way to make the Gibraltar2004 overwrite the FSgenesis mesh.

Guest A386

Same thing with LAGO TerraMesh South Spain + Portugal.I haven't figured out which file of TerraMesh confilcts with the Gibraltar Bakkakko-Rock.However, I will not disable large areas of South Spain + Portugal to have one (1) rock shown up correct.I thought FS2004 would handle custom sceneries by priority in the scenery manager but here seems to be another problem.BTW, wasn't that topic discussed here some weeks ago ??

The Lago mesh is definitely a problem with the Gib scenery and is detailed on their website.Do not know if they plan a fix or not.Best Regards,Ed Green

Looks like a default shoreline is messing things up there, Luigi. I'm not intimately familiar with the Gibralter product, but it looks like the author has replaced the default coastlines with his own, and that usually means the default coastlines have to be disabled somehow, usually by renaming them. I would double-check the installation instructions and make sure you have followed them exactly.Hope this helps-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net