Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

instrument rating checkride

Guest vucko83

I trying to pass ir checkride(fs9) but I fail when I have to enter holding pattern.I execute missed apporach climb to 2100,then I turn left and climb to 3000 ft.What exactly should I do next?I need detailed instructions.

Guest vucko83

I have read your article but still I fail and get "you entered holding pattern incorrectly".Can I find somewhere map with drawing how should my flight look like?

Hi.If you follow the instructions that I wrote the Hold is 100% predictable and passable. I just tried again and the only unpredictable / semi predicable area is the Procedure turn. You must start it at the exact location or it will fail you. YOU MUST follow the procedures after Parkk as I outlined them, heading, Distance etc. I can successfully complete it 90% of the time, and the only area with the problem is the Procedure turn, at least for me. I real life that is one of the easiest and where you have a lot of latitude in, no need for this difficulty.Here are some pics that I hope will help. Post here for more help. TVhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48076.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48077.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48080.jpg

>unpredictable / semi predicable area is the Procedure turn.Is it a procedure turn or perhaps the type of entry into the holding pattern in this case ?Some IFR examiners (FS9 ?) require that you execute the correct holding pattern entry. If I recall there are 3 types: teardrop, parallel and direct. IFR textbooks teach which one should be flown for a given situation. Michael J.

Hi, Michael.The Procedure turn is after the Hold. The hold is predicable if executed as I described it. The fact is that in real life, I should be able to do both entries, in this case Tear drop and or Parallel, but the only thing that I found to work in FS9 is this Tear Drop like.The Procedure turn, see it at the top of pic 1, has, normally, a lot of flexibility, in the way it is executed and where. There are some that MUST be done a certain way, but this is not one of them, as long as you are in the protected area / distance. I hope this helps, this check ride is unnecessarily difficult, which makes a lot of people be even more afraid / apprehensive of the Instrument ticket. My position on this ride, with the students that want the IFR ticket, is to stay away from it, at least until they do it at least once in the real world and they understand it. There is a lot of anxiety, and to some extent fear, in the real world, about Holds, as it is, we don

>Hi, Michael.>The Procedure turn is after the Hold. Ok, that may be the case about this particular example, but generally (and this is what I was refering to) hold has nothing to do with procedure turns. Procedure turns are flown during approach only, holds can be anywhere, including enroute.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Hi, Michael.The statement you made is correct. I am not sure where was it stated, or explained, otherwise, but if it was it was not intended to convey that the two are the same.They each have a well defined purpose, and are different maneuvers. That said they both have a lot of latitude / flexibility, in the way that they can be performed in real world. The Hold

Guest vucko83

I passed,thank you!It is very easy when you undersrand what you should do.And now to commercial pilot licence!

Hi.I am glad to hear. If you found something new, or incorrect in the previous instructions, you may want to add it my original / old post. It seems that a lot of people are having trouble passing that check ride. Good luck with the Comm. TV>I passed,thank you!It is very easy when you undersrand what you should do.And now to commercial pilot licence!

Guest vucko83

Your instructions are 100% correct.Those ms ofen are`t.For example in for my comm checkride in one section I have to descend with gear down but in flight criteria is written"slow to no more than 152 kias"How that can be possibile when max gear operating speed is 152 kias?

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Well, this thread caught my attention. For giggles, (you have to understand, I've been flying since I was 14, I am now 57 and have flown everything from B52-D's, F-111's, F-4's, 727-100's and a slew of private twin, biz jets and so on for a total of over 15k total hours) I tried all the ck rides . . . boy, did I fail miserably!!You are so correct abuot the built in flaws in MS coding. I'm not sure if the guy who wrote this code is a real pilot or not, but I'm really not sure I would want him doing the code on anything really important!Guess I'm not up to MS's standards . . . Hang in there, I tried it according to the forum text and just barely passed, so there is hope for all of us. Best to all,Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest vucko83

If you pass commercial checkride,write how is it done.Flying is not a problem,what you should exactly do,often is.

Hello, Clay and everyone.I spent over 10 hrs. trying to figure it out after telling some of the people that I am involved with, to use it. Their feedback, most of them veteran pilots and some students, was

Guest neiltaxi

i read all posts on this topic i must be miserable failure i cannot even get to ParkX i passed this and all the checkrides in 2002.i fail on the heading when passing over SEA i have tried entering the ADF for ParkX the programme does not read it and it will not register i cannot believe this test because I pass over the VOR and I am always on course for PARK when i get to pARK the instructor tells me i failed on the heading of 339 just what am i doing wrong