Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikerookie

Questions before purchasing Ultimate Traffic

Guest Mikerookie

Hi all,After reading all the good opinions about UT on this forum, I am seriously considering purchasing it. Before I do, I have two basic questions;1) Do I need a registered version of FSUIPC in order to run UT ? Will the freeware version be sufficient ?2) I have installed PAI and several of their airlines on my FS2004. Will I have to remove it before I install UT ?Thanks for your helpMike the rookieSpecialized in lawndarts

Guest Tim13

I can answer the first one. I have just purchased UT a few days ago, and it is working with the freeware version of FSUIPC. What I wanted in an AI program was a simple to use, run and forget AI generator, and that is exactly how it works for me. After installing and updating, I haven't touched it. If you're an "AI head", and can't resist tweaking routes, acft, and liveries, then that is available in the program also. I highly recommend it. It is very nice even with the default AI structure in FS9, and will only get better once the AFCAD batches start to get released by Flight 1.Tim13

Guest Coneman

Mike,Regarding your second question, yes I would remove all the PAI files. UT has worldwide traffic. But having said that, I am just discovering what a wonderful resource the unofficial PAI repaints are because they will work on the UT models, which are PAI aircraft. So you can easily flesh out paint schemes that UT doesn't include.Todd

Guest Mikerookie

Hi all,Well finally I made it and purchased UT. Installation was a breeze and of course, I am just starting to use this great addon, so I am just amazed...Indeed the freeware version of FSUIPC makes no problem at all.Regarding PAI, the PAI BGL file is removed (backed up actually) by UT when it installs. So unless you want it, UT will remove the PAI features by itself.Todd, thanks for your suggestion regarding PAI repaints. I will try them.Mike the rookieSpecialized in lawndarts