Sign in to follow this  
michal

I cant figure out why I have 1 fps.

Guest crazypilot2

I am so mad with my computer right now! My configuration is:1.3 Ghz IntelVia MotherboardGeforce FX 5200 PCI 128 megDirect X 9.0b510 Meg Ram40 gb hard driveI just cant seem why I am getting 1 fps. No matter what settings I do in FS, it still stays the same once I give the plane full throttle. Also, I have no clue on what settings my graphics card should be at. Can someone please help me fix this??Thanks!Anthony

Guest 737pilot

Your display settings in Flight Simulator must be too high. Try decreasing them to Low or Medium Low and disable a few display features.Nico

Have you played around with your Virtual Memory settings? If so, return them to "system managed" for a start. FS9 is a CPU hog, for sure, but you should manage at least 3FPS on your system, LOL. I have a 1.8GHZ set up but a three year old video card, and I am often reduced to such pathetic speeds.Play? I use FS9. Fly? FS2002 every time.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I would do the experiment.Place your aircraft in the middle of some remote runway in the middle of Pacific, no mountains around and mostly water. No clouds or any other weather, no AI, and hop into default Cessna 172. You should have some decent frame rates. If I can use FS9 on a P3 500 Mhz computer and land at Monterey, California airport with frame rates approaching 20 fps and terrain detail set to high - you should too.If the above doesn't work - you have some serious computer/configuration problem. Are you using hardware accelerated graphics in FS9 ? If by mistake you are in software mode then yes, you could get 1 fps.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg