Sign in to follow this  
Guest southie4

Thats It, Im Done

Guest A321

Thats It, I have had absolutely enough of the FS2004 weather ruining flights. I can not beleive that, this excuse for real world weather ever got out the door. I have Just wasted yet again 6 hours, to have my plane thrown into a spin becuase of the weather going from one extream to another. I have FSUPIC Reged, i have tried all the weather addons, but to no avail. I have completly lost all Intrest in this now, and thats it. 6 hours of our short life is no joke, to keep wasting, because MS cant even get this right.How can weather go from 180/56 to 318/100 to 50/21 to 90/0 to 0/0 to 121/120 in the space of about 20 seconds.....And another thing its always with the PSS buses, they cant handle the weather changes at all.Can anybody help me.A very UpsetJason

Guest 737pilot

The flight simulator does not know how the weather looks exactly; it just generates a weather situation based on a few data. If you fly with updated weather, you can try turning it off. Also you can change the rate at which the weather should change; try decreasing it. If you download winds aloft as well, you can further try to disable this and see if it helps...Nico

Guest yarvelling

Jason, Perhaps your problem is more down to your server/ISP than FS2004. I always fly with real-world weather, and so far have had no reason to complain - if it's raining outside, I go to a nearby airport/airbase and it's raining.....when there hurricanes recently in northern states of the US, I tried flying out from a small airstrip in the default Cessna and went sideways, not up!! Pretty realistic, i thought!! Try a flight from Hong Kong and see how murky it always is, and then try it during the September monsoon season!!! I've never had the weather chopping and changing as many times as you state during a 20 second period.....over a few minutes perhaps the wind will die down, or change direction a bit....Are you on dial-up, or broadband/cable/ADSL, etc?? that could be making the difference. I'm on broadband in the UK and the real-world weather works like a champ!

I personally do not have any problems with the real weather causing loss of control either. I use the basic msfs static real weather download with fsuipc weather transition smoothing options activated. I flew a few flights early on without setting the fsuipc smoothing options and have seen the wind changes kick the airplane around severely but I haven't had any problems ever since with fsuipc smoothing and static weather.

This one is MS's fault, as it seems. Many experience these sudden wind/temperature/pressure shifts, sometimes more, sometimes less frequent. If you fly low and slow then you might get away with it, but going up there with an airliner, well... It has nothing to do with ISP, broadband/modem or even FSUIPC. Pete is aware of the issue and currently there's no solution for it. Wind smoothing option won't solve this. I flew with downloaded (offline) weather and it was the same. I flew with built-in Jepp real weather and it was the same. Tried all weather add-ons - still the same. Jason, it's not just the PSS Bus, it happened to me with the Project Fokker F-70 as well (and FSD Cheyenne and freware A/C). Disintegrated in mid-air because after a violent jerk, the speed jumped up too and even with speed brakes fully extended I couldn't slow it down in time. Poof... all over Linz.No help at this time, sorry...I read in a post here on the forum, that FSMeteo might have a solution soon. Just a rumor, third hand, but that's what I read. Don't quote me on it, though.Regards,Jurehttp://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Guest A321

I think the only way out, is to not download wind aloft.I think thats about the best solution, if you want real world weather.MS are just plane bad, for spoiling this. I really really think they should look long and hard, at how they release products. I mean did nobdy there find this out forthemself. Also please notice how the Default FS2004 planes seem to not be effected by the wind problems.Im so mad, about this. I calculated yesterday that I have wasted at least 1 week in time because of this problem. I am annoyed, and my view of MS is in the toilet for this. Its wrong, and I demand a fix for it. Its so bad it almost renders the sim useless.THANKS MS, AS USUAL SOMEBODY ELSE HAS TO FIX YOUR MISTAKES, AND AT A COST TO THEMSELF AND THE LOYAL USERS, A REALLY BIG THANKS...Jason

>I think the only way out, is to not download wind aloft.>>I think thats about the best solution, if you want real world>weather.>>>MS are just plane bad, for spoiling this. I really really>think they should look long and hard, at how they release>products. I mean did nobdy there find this out forthemself.>Also please notice how the Default FS2004 planes seem to not>be effected by the wind problems.>>Im so mad, about this. I calculated yesterday that I have>wasted at least 1 week in time because of this problem. I am>annoyed, and my view of MS is in the toilet for this. Its>wrong, and I demand a fix for it. Its so bad it almost renders>the sim useless.>>THANKS MS, AS USUAL SOMEBODY ELSE HAS TO FIX YOUR MISTAKES,>AND AT A COST TO THEMSELF AND THE LOYAL USERS, A REALLY BIG>THANKS...>>>>JasonJason, What do you expect from a 70 euro costing flight simulator??? If a real flightsimulator would cost 70 euro everyone had one at home.... Anyhow, be patient...as real pilots do

Guest A321

>>I think the only way out, is to not download wind aloft.>>>>I think thats about the best solution, if you want real>world>>weather.>>>>>>MS are just plane bad, for spoiling this. I really really>>think they should look long and hard, at how they release>>products. I mean did nobdy there find this out forthemself.>>Also please notice how the Default FS2004 planes seem to not>>be effected by the wind problems.>>>>Im so mad, about this. I calculated yesterday that I have>>wasted at least 1 week in time because of this problem. I am>>annoyed, and my view of MS is in the toilet for this. Its>>wrong, and I demand a fix for it. Its so bad it almost>renders>>the sim useless.>>>>THANKS MS, AS USUAL SOMEBODY ELSE HAS TO FIX YOUR MISTAKES,>>AND AT A COST TO THEMSELF AND THE LOYAL USERS, A REALLY BIG>>THANKS...>>>>>>>>Jason>>Jason, What do you expect from a 70 euro costing flight>simulator??? If a real flightsimulator would cost 70 euro>everyone had one at home.... Anyhow, be patient...as real>pilots doOh here we go that old one. Well so what if it costs $70, thats not the point is it. It should work as advertised, and not have such a bg bug. MS Decide the price not me, if they charge $70 then they belevie that the amount of wrok they put in is worth that. The Fact is you can not deny its a major problem, and does ruine any enjoyment you have with using real world weather. So weather it costs $70 or $7000000 is not the point, it has a major problem, and needs fixing, as it hampers the sim quite badly.Jason

Man I have many many hours logged all over the place with FSMeteo and default real weather and have never experienced this. Weird!Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest A321

>Man I have many many hours logged all over the place with>FSMeteo and default real weather and have never experienced>this. Weird!>>NoelYes but are you using the wind alfot? Its them that go madJason

This is an interesting thread and it makes me wonder why some people have this issue and others do not? Is this problem specific to the US where there are lots of stations within very close proximity? Most of my sim time is spent in the Pacific, Asia and European areas and I have never had this problem with any aircraft including the bus. But there again I stopped using Activesky the moment I realised that it does not offer FULL compatibility with FS2004 as confirmed in their forum.I use the inbuilt weather including winds aloft and find that the transitions are superb. In fact FS2004, for the best part, does work as advertised and I find little reason to complain or be disappointed.I would suggest that if you are finding a problem with the bus, then you investigate this in the PSS forum. But something tells me that they will put you onto the Activesky forum!Good luck sorting this out

I don't consider this a bug. If it was a bug it would be happening ot eveyone on a consistent basis. It maybe all the different weather addons you have tried. When all else fails, go back to the basics. Start from the box and work your way forward. I have a lot of addons, but I am very leary about adding on too much, because sometimes you can get conflicts between them and then you have a ton of troubles.

Guest paulri

I use the winds aloft from the FS9 default Real Weather. I fly in the US only, both low alitude airways as well as the jet routes. Have NEVER, I say again, NEVER had any of the problems you describe. Winds aloft match what I am seeing on the real world aviation weather. AND, I do not use any wind transition smoothing from FSUIPC.Paul

Guest rmce

Totally agree.I only use 737 with Bruce Benaways panel, and all in all it works superbly.I just did an early morning first light approach to Innsbruck through heavy cloud. It worked a dream!Take your weather change settings down a notch, that should help.I am also Broadband and know that the UK weather I have outside will be in my sim as it happens.RonaldGlasgow