Sign in to follow this  
Guest southie4

Thats It, Im Done

Hey, Jason, if you are REALLY done...can I have all your flight sim stuff? :-)Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest pumrigar

Jason,I have the same problem and yes its very frustrating. Here is what I have done that may help you. The key in setting up real weather is to set the rate of change to NONE and choose the STATIC real weather option. Not perfect but it almost eliminated the problem. If I choose the DYNAMIC (ie update every 15 minutes option) then like you I am blown all over the sky.Pesi

Guest wathomas777

I think your issues stem from a huge misunderstanding in the way the weather engine works. There is REAL weather, and there is "dynamic" weather. The problem comes when you try to mix the two.Let's look at all the scenarios.The easiest, is dynamic only. With this scenario, you set up initial conditions and then let the computer "simulate" developing weather based on it's own internal computations. When we set up themes, we are basically doing this.The next is dynamic, based on real conditions. It is a hybrid. This basically occurs when you download real weather ONCE, then let the computer simulate all the changes after the initial download. This provides a more realistic feel, as the weather is based on real world conditions at the beginning of the flight, but takes on a life of it's own.The last type is REAL weather. And this can only be obtained by performing frequent updates from the internet from weather stations while in flight. For this to work properly, however, the dynamic engine must be disabled. Most people who have problems with weather transitions try to perform REAL weather updates while the program is still running dynamic weather. This occurs as follows. You grab an update, then immediately the computer is computing the changes in the CPU. After 15 minutes you get another update. However, since the dynamic weather was running the whole time, the change in the weather between updates is more extreme.As told by other people in this forum, if you do use REAL weather with Winds aloft, you should completely disable the dynamic engine so that the changes between stations are minimized and you have a cleaner weather transition.Dynamic weather can be disabled by changing the "change rate" to NONE

Guest guyjr

Just remember, you vote for MS every time you buy their products. Stop buying their products, and they'll start paying attention to what you want.

Guest southie4

In obvious pain, the patients implores his doctor for relief."Doctor, Doctor, ya gotta help me! It hurts like heck when I do this," as the patient demonstrates his ability to touch his left ear with his right elbow.The good doctor takes one look at his pliant patient and, with a hint of exasperation, offers a suggestion, "Well, don't do that!"