Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbr1000f

multiple monitor window mode stutter t-shooting questio...

Guest cbr1000f

For those of you that use multiple monitors for panels/gauges, could you post the type of additional pci cards your using,main vid card type and if you have, or do not have the stutter. I'm trying to possibly draw some conclusions. I have it, using a MX100 and MX400 with a matrox parhelia for the main display. Perhaps an answer will become clear. thanks--jeff

Single video card driving both monitors (see sig for details). No stutter.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest Bud

JeffThis is an excellent idea. Given that so many folks seem to be having this stutter prob, I can't understand why you haven't had more replies.I use a Gainward Ti4600 to drive 2 monitors and a Gainward MX2 PCI to drive 1 monitor on Pent 2.8 gig, 1 gig RAM,OS XP Home, DX9b, Audigy 2.I get the stutter on all planes. From the fairly small amount of research already done, an answer is not apparent. Maybe you'll have more success.Bud

Guest cbr1000f

Some have indicated that it seems to be a problem with nvidia based cards. I know that I can make it worse by turning down the acceleration on the MX cards in XP, so it's somehow very loosely related to the cards themselves. I hope I can get one person to say that it works, with multiple cards. So far, I have not seen anyone other than dual head users say it's functioning properly. I tried turing down all of the options on the additional cards in FS9. You can set all the parameters (though frame rate lock is across all cards) individually for the cards. No help though. Thanks for the input --jeff

Guest Bud

JeffMy card is a dual head and I get the stutts. From day 1 of FS9, I've been thro' every possible permutation of sound cards, vid card drivers, drivers for my m/boad., chip set, BIOS and my two-cup coffee machine. I've defragged my defrag, un/reinstalled FS9, partitioned my HD and danced outside in the street at midnight under a full moon. All to no avail - well I believe the neighbours enjoyed the latter. I'm inclined to agree with you that this is an nvidia issue - tho' they say it's not. My Gainward cards have never worked in FS9 as well as they did in 2002. Whether this is down to changes in the FS engine, or to probs with the cards I dunno. Makes me pretty fed up.Bud

Guest Tony_767

Hi Jeff,I just red your post. I have the same problem you wrote about.When undocking panels in window mode on 2 or 3 additional monitors,I get a regular video and sound stutter every few (5-15) seconds. I tried every video, sound and system settings, but nothing helps.What I discoverd is, that putting a window on the second monitor ofmy GF 2 MX400 doesn't produce any stutters. Putting the Windowon a monitor of my 2 additional TNT2-PCI-cards produces the stuttersagain. When putting the panels in window mode on the 3 monitors andthen switching to full screen mode, the stutters are gone, but thefps are only 17 insteadt of 24. In FS2002 the system works with all 4 monitors with no problems. Soit seems to bee a problem of FS 2004 with the PCI video cards. Heremy specs:P4, 1,5 GHZ, socket 423768 MB RDRAM ASUS P4T mainboardGainward GF 2 MX400 VIVO GS2 x NVIDIA TNT-2-M64 32 MB PCISB Live player 5.140 MB IBM HDI sent an e-mail to the MS support and talked with them, but they don't know a solution. Perhaps it is DX9, they say. After reading all the posts, I think, it's a bug in FS2004 and/or DX9. The hardware of the people having this problem is to much different. So I think it is no hardware problem.Please tell your problems to the MS support too. They must realize, that this is a mayor problem of many users.CheersTony

Guest cbr1000f

I shall do so. I have not had the same luck with my MX400, it stutters even with a panel just on that one. I disabled the MX100 just to see what effect it had. I'm still waiting to see if anyone has it working in windowed mode. We're all in agreement that fullscreen mode with multiple monitors works perfectly, right?--jeff

Guest wkzzo

Let me say this ,Im using a ti 4600 nvidia card (dual head) and to put it mildly...In fs2004 as compared to fs2002 it sucks. The whole going to windowed mode and then undocking and returning to full screen mode is a pain. But the absolute worst thing is the FPS loss with each additional window that is undocked, This absolutley never happened with fs2002, I could undock any number of windows to my second monitor without any FPS loss, but with each window opened with fs2004 a 3-5 FPS loss. This is a fs2004 mistake it just doesn't work right, why does undocking a simple radio panel suck 3-5 FPS when doing the exact same thing in fs2002 no FPS loss? Im reaching the point where I seldom even use the second monitor anymore , MS fix this please you got it perfect in fs2002 ,what went wrong in fs2004?

Same problem here: with intervals hick-ups in 2004 not in 2002.Intel Mobo D865PERL, 1024 Mb mem, Asus 256, V9950 Ultra, and 3 times PCI: GForce 4, MX440-8x 64 MB.Hessel Oosten Netherlands

Guest B742FAN

Using 9700 Pro dual monitor setup - no stutters, though I never use full screen mode. XP2200+ @ 2.0 1 gig PC 21009700 Pro80 gig 133 8mb2 21 inch monitors

Guest Bud

JeffThis has got interesting. The responses are similar to the last thread on this subject - about two months or so ago. Seems that folks with Radeon cards are not experiencing these stutters, whilst folks with nvidia based cards are suffering. Also seems that this could apply in particular to the Gainward cards.Some while ago, I emailed Gainward on this issue and they really had nothing to offer. Just out of interest, I did notice that the last drivers which Gainward supported were the 43xx. Just made me wonder if this means they are not as up to date with developments as they might be.Bud

Guest cbr1000f

Well, not exactly. Again, all the radeon posters are running multi monitor from *one* card, not from additionally installed ones. I can run 5 panels on my triple head parhelia, but once I move one to the other card(s), it starts stuttering. Again, I have seen no one who uses multiple video cards saying it works without stutters. If I were to guess, I'd say we're not going to find that it works for anyone. What a shame that would be..regards--jeff

Guest cbr1000f

Still waiting for someone with a two card setup to say it works--jeff

Guest cbr1000f

Thanks. So far, it still looks line any multiple video card setup not in fullscreen mode stutters. --jeff