Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

SSW A310

Guest mda

Pk I saw the other day that there was a post one the main page of the AVSIM that SSW was releasing the 3rd patch for the 310 today. Guess what. Now out. What is with this company. They have said "next week" many many many times. People are just getting fed up with them. I can't believe that AVSIM would place a topic about them on their main page about their monday release of the patch.

Guest mikealpha

The patch will be released today, accroding to Evgueni/SSW. After the experience with 1.2, they probably test and check their installer one day more. Not a bad idea. >> People are just getting fed up with themWho is "people" ? I'm not fed up. I've waited so long for a great A310, so what does one day more count ? Their simulation has a remarkable complexity and it's a small team, so a bit patience is necessary. I'm confident it will be worth the wait.Mike

Guest danowat

Hi Mike,I have been trying to post on the SSW forum, but I can get registered, my activation e-mail never comes :(.Anyway, seeing as you have got it, does it work ok in FS2004?, or does anyone else know if it does?.ThanksDan.

Guest mikealpha

Dan,yes, the A310 works fine in FS2004. Patch 1.3 should sort out most of the problems. Well, at least I hope it does. I'll probably post a short report on the state of the A310 after Patch 1.3Mike

Guest danowat

Hi,Cheers, I was going to buy it WAY back when it was first "released" ;), but I got fed up with waiting and got a refund.I would still like it, as you say there is no other decent A310, but I am a little worried by all of the edit: ok it does not like that word, errr, how about moaning, on the SSW forums, but it does seem to be by a select few.Maybe I'll hold off untill your report of 1.3, I look forward to reading it.CheersDan.

Guest mikealpha

Yeah, it's only a small bunch of naysayers there moaning just for the sake of it. It neither helps anyone nor does it speed up the patch process.SSW does not censor anything, sometimes for their own disadvantage to have a kind of negative impression in their forum. Just a matter of mentality maybe.Of course does not mean I appreciate incomplete releases though. But as I said, it's a small team and a very complex simulation (almost all systems have influence, a very complete FMC), so what choice do we have other than waiting patiently.I'm happy there are teams out there that take the risk of such am ambitious project.Mike

Guest cactus

Mike you obviously aren't one of the guys who have been with this release since the very beginning. MDA is right. ALWAYS saying "next week". I believe the first "next week" started 3 months ago. And BTW the SSW 310 DOES NOT work well in FS9. This plane has more bugs than all the planes I have combined. They shouldn't have released it so quickly. Has potential though.

Guest mikealpha

Yes, I'm with the A310 since the very beginning. It works in FS2004 exactly the same as in FS2002 and I think, that was the question.I have mentioned it has many bugs and I'm like many others waiting for Patch 1.3. It is flyable though and I never had any software crash. You can safely get from A to B. Not really satisfying, because much too rough and the AP modes not finetuned, but that's what the 1.3 Version hopefully will deal with.Mike

Guest Wills402

The 1.3 update is available now. I'm downloading it as I type.

Guest panda234

let know Wills. Had a look at the SSW site. This could be a cool aircraft. What is the repaint situation? Had a look in the avsim file forum and couldn't see any and there was just one (TAP) on the SSW site.billg