Sign in to follow this  
alexvs

Help, lost my AI in FS2K2

Hi,At one moment, yesterday, I noticed that all of my AI planes have disappeared from FS2K2. I've done no serious changes. I only installed some new airports and mesh sceneries.My AI traffic % = 100, aswell as in FS2k@ as in the fs2002.cfg file.Has anyone dealed with this problem. Please help me, it's so quiet in the world without AI.

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Check your fs2002aircraft folder for default.dp. If it is missing retrieve from your cds. There is a detailed explanation in the tips/tricks at the top of this forum. Look for LOST AI, NO AI, etc.W. Sieffert

Guest Bambi

The Project AI website has a couple of utilities that will restore your missing AI. I had the same thing happen to me a while back in FS2002.Go to http://projectai.flight1.net/ and look in the left hand corner menu and click on OFFICIAL FILES. Accept the EULA and it'll carry you to the Certified Resources page. Select the PAI installer and special packages and it will carry you to the special packages for FS2002 and FS2004. You'll find the utility to put the AI back here.Hope this helps.

This happened to me a few times.You don't say how extensive your AI is? Is it just the default or have you customised it? If you are fiddling with airports and scenery I guess you have customisised it, and therefore have an investment to protect.By all means check out the W. Siefferts tip re the default.dp file and follow up other tips, I wasn't aware of that at the time, so I got around it the hard way:1) Copying my aircraft, gauges, sound & effects directories out of FS2002 to somewhere safe (plus anything else you have added to like Scenery, Modules(FSUIPC?)etc). This may take a long time, but a backup is probably a worthwhile safeguard anyway. 2) Using TTools to decompile your AI. Keep the resulting Flightplan, Aircraft and Airport text files somewhere safe outside the FS2002 directory - the TTools directory will do if that's outside FS2002.3) Uninstalling FS2002 and then reloading.4) Moving the aircraft, gauges, sound & effects directories back into FS20024) Recompiling AI traffic with TTools. No problem, if all else fails!Just remember, anything you don't backup is going to be lost, so have a good think and a browse around the FS2002 directories before you uninstall - especially for anything you've paid for!Have you kept the .zip files for the stuff you have downloaded and added to FS2002? Because if you do lose anything, they can save you the bother of downloading them again.

ngxu_banner.png

Thanx guys,I had a multiple problem. The .dp file was lost, I installed the default plans from Project AI and my scenery.cfg was messed up. With your help and that from the trips & trcks I could save 3 years of hard work.I made a backup now. Only fools won't make one if this happens to you.

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands