Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

Quick question for everyone..

Guest AA727

Howdy all!!Just taking a quick survey on a couple of things.. I'm getting ready to purchase a new video card and soundcard for my computer, and wanted to see what everybody thought out there would be the best.I have an ASUS MB with nforce2 on board sound and a PNY Ti4200 GF4 128MB video card.OK, let the survey begin!! (ATI or Nvidia, Soundblaster or ...)Thanks in advance!JCMy Specs:ASUS A7N8X Deluxe with Athlon XP 3000+ not O/C1GB PC3200 DDR RAM80GB Western Digital HDDPioneer DVR-A06UToshiba 16X DVD19" Monitor 1600X1200XP Pro

Guest danowat

Hi,Well, after being a LONG time supporter of Nvidia cards, I jumped ship and got an ATI 9800pro, and WOW I am glad I did, its a great card.As for a sound card, hmmm, I just usually go for a mid priced card, I have a Hercules Muse 5.1, and it seems very good.Dan.

Guest sj3

Video------ ATI 9800Pro w/256Mb (9800XT if budget is no concern)Sound------- Soundblaster Audigy2 (get Platinum if you're doing home theater work with your PC)sjKEWR

I made the trade up a while back from a GF4 Ti4600 to an ATI 9700 Pro, and it gave me a huge boost in the visuals, and smoothed out performance as well. I was an nVidia man before, but I'm switched my loyalties for now to ATI. I'd agree that a 9800 would probably be your best bet at the moment, especially now that the menu flickering problem has been resolved with the latest drivers.

Guest sb55mv

Hercules 9800 Pro, with the new Hercules Digifire 7.1 sound card, WoW, what a sound card it is too.Hercules do a few little things to their Graphics cards to make them a bit better, such as heat sinks on the RAM chips etc, worth the extra couple of quid or dollars, I've had six different cards now, most of them Nvidia, now that I have had this 9800 pro I woulden't go back to Nvidia again, (and with them being so loud too, 83db on the card cooler, you're kidding)Steve,